Need help installing roms

miguel11691

Reaction score
Right now I have .340 update and rooted on my phone using Z4... I installed rom manager as I bought it awhile back for my old droid... but when I choose to install rom instead of goinginto the clockwork recovery it just reboots the phone... what am I doing wrong.. sorry if this.a stupid question but all the other android phones I had was easy... except.for the droid x... wonder why

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

D

dankarlinski

the bootloader to the droid x and 2 are locked by motorola. you need the bootstrapper to get into recovery

in the android market, search for "droid 2 bootstrapper" it is only 2.00 USD i believe, but is needed to get to recovery

once you have that installed, open it, and hit bootstrap recovery. a superuser prompt will come up asking permission to access the system files. hit allow. then hit reboot recovery. you phone will boot into clockwork now.

install as you normally would

OP
M

miguel11691

Reaction score
Ok thanks a lot

OP
M

miguel11691

Reaction score
Any other apps I need to get in order to mod my droid x to its fullest potential...

D

dankarlinski

thats all you NEED once you are rooted.

however, some things to look for and play with are

- ADWHome
- Launcher 2
**both are custom launchers (homescreens)

- Wireless tether for Root (free mobile hotspot app built on free code)

thats all thats great in the apps, but there is always the whole game of custom roms. you are limited to only a few because of the locked bootloader, but Fission is a great rom, and i stand behind it