Need help, I Think I'm half rooted!!!

rboutin2

Reaction score
I tried to roo using doroot, said it was rooted, but it wasnt. Tried again, just kept failing. So, i tried super one click method. It worked. Says im rooted, installed SU permissions. Tried to use lcddensity, opens, runs, but wont apply the changes. Droid x bootstrap. Asked for su permiss, clicked yes, it rebooted, then just starts normal. My root apps are like getting rooting, but not able to like use it or something. I am assuming i need to reflash the stock sbf with rsdlite? Id so, where can i get it, and also, is there like a pre-rooted 2.2 ota sbf somehwere?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
No no no. Don't and I repeat don't flash sbf just cause you don't have root. You are either rooted or not. Is your phone frozen or something? Or are you just trying to use SU on a program/app and it says your not rooted?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
First off. Do you have Root Explorer? There is a very easy way to check if you have root or not through it. 1) You can open it and hit the cache button. If it opens up with files then your root. If not, it tells you outright "your phone doesn't appear to be rooted." 2) You can go to system/apps and scroll all the way down to superuser.apk. If that's there your good.

OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
no. my phone works fine otherwise. I have no problems with flashing an sbf. Its just none of my root apps are working. I want my phone to be rooted. It says it is, and i can grant su permiss, but nothing seems to work that requires root. I'm assuming something went wrong in the rooting process, and now I am screwed and need to flash sbf. Whats the easiest way to unroot? Maybe i could try that first i guess.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't unrooted my phone since the 2.2 OTA. So I wouldn't know the best way to do so. If I'm correct I think the easy root method is the same way as the first easy root method. Hit root my droid/droid x or hit unroot my droid/droid x.

OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
ok, i unrooted, and still nothing. when i re root again, it wont let my root apps work. Im gna flash sbf back and start fresh. My question is, where do i get it? I found the 2.2.13 full sbf, but i have on my phone 2.2.15. What is the difference between 2.2.15 and .13?

Shelooga

Reaction score
no. my phone works fine otherwise. I have no problems with flashing an sbf. Its just none of my root apps are working. I want my phone to be rooted. It says it is, and i can grant su permiss, but nothing seems to work that requires root. I'm assuming something went wrong in the rooting process, and now I am screwed and need to flash sbf. Whats the easiest way to unroot? Maybe i could try that first i guess.

i rooted my second x last night and i was having a simlar problem. do root kept telling me root failed. droid x root would do the same thing. so i took busy box, su, and superuser and put it on my sd card. then in root explorer i installed superuser.apk. after that i put my phone in charge only mode, re did droidxroot, and voila! i was rooted. dont know how, dont care why, but i am so im happy

Shelooga

Reaction score
ok, i unrooted, and still nothing. when i re root again, it wont let my root apps work. Im gna flash sbf back and start fresh. My question is, where do i get it? I found the 2.2.13 full sbf, but i have on my phone 2.2.15. What is the difference between 2.2.15 and .13?

ill check which file i have when i get home; i downloaded about 10 different ones trying to save my previous x. if i have either .13 or .15 which im sure i do, ill pm you

OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
now im really confused, i found a sbf file, got rsd 4.8, and ran thru its process. It said passed. Seemed like all was well. I started up the phone, and nothing has changed. Shouldnt it be back at factory settings when u flash an sbf? My gf's OG droid did when i flashed her stock sbf.

OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
Okay, another update, installed titanium backup and busybox to load up my save of angry birds, and it says i dont have root access. I gave it superuser permissions, but it says root access failed. I just rooted it thru the superoneclick root method. It still fails with the doroot method. And none of this is getting fixed with the rootzwiki full 2.2 sbf flash either. When i flash it, all it does is make me reactivate my phone, but EVERYTHING else is untouched.