Need Help I dont want to screw this up!

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I want to flash this rom

[ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis v1.0 Final [6-13-11] Updated!!! - xda-developers

but it says I need that radio. I click the link and there is an error. Any idea where I can get the radio from?

Also I just want to make sure I do this right:

I flash the radio via htcbootloader (power and volume down button)
Then let the phone load up and everything
Go to rom manager and get into CW
Then just wipe everything
flash rom
and enjoy?

Is that the steps I take? I am getting confused because I see people say to flash the rom then flash the radio through adb before rebooting. Then I see flash the radio then the rom.

I just want to make sure I am doing everything right before I attempt anything. Also I say peopl say make sure you have full root or something. I rooted using the easy method. I would assume I have full root because I am able to freeze bloatware and stuff correct?

Sorry for the long post. I have been trying to figure this out and its driving me crazy. I would really appreciate any help.

turdbogls

Reaction score
1. on my PC, clicking the "here" text for the radio starts the download no problem....give it another try

2. that is the correct way. you can also do it the other way around. it really doesn't matter. but i usually flash radio first, boot up, (dont worry you possibly wont have service until you flash the ROM)

3. make sure you have a full NANDROID backup. once you flash the rom, and you have everything up and running the way you want it. boot back into clockwork recovery from ROM manager. choose backup/restore, then choose backup. this takes a "screen shot" of your current system, so if you mess something up down the road, you can restore this "screen shot" and get you back up an running again.
also, make sure you are in HBOOT not the bootloader. if you see bootloader highlighted in blue, you are on the wrong screen. you should see HBOOT, then you should see searching PG05IMG or something like that. it will then ask you to hit up to apply the radio.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Thanks I will try this as soon as I am able to download that radio. I always get an error. EVERYTIME!

The requested URL /mching715/ThePerfectStorm/Builds/PG05IMG.zip was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I dont know what I can do. I just sit there clicking it.

turdbogls

Reaction score
Thanks I will try this as soon as I am able to download that radio. I always get an error. EVERYTIME!

The requested URL /mching715/ThePerfectStorm/Builds/PG05IMG.zip was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I dont know what I can do. I just sit there clicking it.

i got a "download unsuccessful" message when trying to DL from my phone. but it worked like a charm downloading it from my PC.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Can you email it to me or something because I can not download it at all. Or do u know another site where I can get it? This is really frustrating.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

thelopenator

Reaction score
Don't download it to your phone then. Download it to your pc.

this was sent from my phone that is cellular

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I have tried from my computer. I have been trying from my computer. I only tried from my phone today. Maybe its because I use Firefox?

thelopenator

Reaction score
Hmm I don't know I never used firefox.I use google chrome. You could always try.I would if I was you.

this was sent from my phone that is cellular

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I don't know what is going on! I tried Firefox Google chrome and I.E. and still can't download. I logged in and tried and tried not logging in. NOTHING! I don't know what else to do.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
THANK YOU!! I never had a problem trying to download something. It was driving me CRAZY!

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank you guys for taking the time to help me out. I flashed the radio and now running bamf sense 3.0. Thanks again.

dark juggalo

Reaction score
great to hear..what do you think of that rom? I'm on the ginger remix 2.0 and been eyeballin that one.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I'm liking it. No problems so far. I flashed it this morning and I am putting it to the test now with battery life and all. So far so good.