Need help helping someone else

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I'm on another forum and have someone that is using a Samsung Galaxy Spica running 1.5 (poor guy). He is unable to get apps to install or update via the market. Already tried clearing data and cache to no avail. Tried a reboot as well. Not rooted. Can't find any information on the other forums about this phone other than a spec sheet via a google search. Going to try a battery pull, then a factory reset next. Will 1.5 reload all information (contacts, apps) like 2.2 will?

J

Johnly

I'm on another forum and have someone that is using a Samsung Galaxy Spica running 1.5 (poor guy). He is unable to get apps to install or update via the market. Already tried clearing data and cache to no avail. Tried a reboot as well. Not rooted. Can't find any information on the other forums about this phone other than a spec sheet via a google search. Going to try a battery pull, then a factory reset next. Will 1.5 reload all information (contacts, apps) like 2.2 will?
Yeah~ it should. Google cloud takes care of all that.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Keep in mind that any Android phone is a Google phone, so apps are automatically assigned to the Google account of the owner. Contacts are stored in Gmail so once he signs into Google contacts will appear.

Battery pull, that's not really going to do anything but you are on the right track by doing the factory data reset. That should fix it.