Need help going from rooted 2.0.1 to 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sk91, Aug 3, 2010.

1. sk91

sk91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am rooted with 2.0.1 and running BB 1.2. I haven't changed anything on my Droid1 in a while, but would like to get up to date with Froyo. My problem is that I can't find any way to update to 2.1 (as I am pretty sure that I have to be at 2.1 to get 2.2). I looked at the sticky for the easy way to update to 2.1, however, the links to download are no longer working (at least they didn't for me). Could someone please give me a heads up on the best course of action to get to the Froyo roms from 2.0.1.

2. deaf leppy

deaf leppy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which recovery are you using? You don't need to go to 2.1 to get to 2.2.. you can just jump straight to 2.2. Pick a rom, and just flash it like usual. Make sure you do backups!

3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seconded. Just pick a 2.2-based rom you like and flash it directly. Make sure you erase data and cache and make a backup!

4. sk91

sk91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using Clockworkmod recovery. I flashed BB v0.4 and everything went smoothly. Now running 2.2! Thanks for the help.

Also, I am thinking of flashing Cyanogenmod 6.0 Nightly...is it stable? What kernal are you using to overclock?

5. deaf leppy

deaf leppy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure about stability for that ROM, and I personally am currently using Chevy's LV 1.0ghz kernel. Works like a charm.

6. sk91

sk91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks deaf leppy. I will give Chevy's LV a shot.