need help getting thunderbolt!!

jeep_man

Reaction score
I have been dying to get this phone for months now and now that it is finally here, I went to my VZW corporate store today and played with this badboy. I am currently with sprint and was going to have them port my number over and sign up for a 1 yr contract. I have an employer discount of 20%/25% off accessories. The manager at the store would not give me any type of discount off of the phone and/or waive the $35 activation fee. I have been debating to just wait til the weekend and order from VZW.com and get free activation.

If I order my phone online, can I still port my number from sprint or do I have to do it in store? Is there any body that I can call or check with to see about getting a better deal on the phone? I keep reading on here about everybody with there corporate discounts getting the phone cheaper. I work for a national insurance company that has over 10,000 VZW accounts, so I would think that I would get some type of deal. The manager at my local VZW store is a jerk, and I don't really want to give him the business if I don't have to. Can anybody help me?
PS..I am only interested in a 1 yr contract so wirefly and amazon are out!

Beka27

Reaction score
Employer discounts usually don't work with the purchase of phones, just talk plans and accessories. I guess you could try another VZW store. In my town, there's one on every corner. Or Best Buy?

Some people have gotten their TB $30, $50, or $100 cheaper by using their existing upgrade credit on a 2-year contract... so that's another reason why some of the prices are all over the place.

Not sure about the number porting. I've never done that.

OP
J

jeep_man

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with vzw customer service. Thanks to an awesome rep, just got my tbolt for $229 for a 1 year contract :)
Free overnight shipping on top of that!!!!!!
Soon I will joining all of you in the glory that is the Thunderbolt!!