Need help for use of ROM Manager

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thinkmega, Jul 8, 2010.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running P3D-release. Before downloading ROM Manager from the market, I used SPRecovery. Getting ROM Manager is easy. However, the option "backup current ROM" doesn't work for me. Each time the phone rebooted, and it took so long to come back that I thought the boot sector was screwed up. It did come back and I found no backup on the SD, neither inside of
    /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup nor /mnt/sdcard/nandroid directories.

When I tried to X-power, I didn't see the usual recovery screen either. At the end, I use ROM Manager's Flash Alternate Recovery option to put SPRecovery back.

What went wrong? Please comment.

Thanks.

2. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sometimes the flash_image doesn't take, and you're left with no working recovery image at all. The workaround-fix for this is to select "Flash Alternate Recovery" and then pick "Flash ClockworkRecovery" again. Test it out by rebooting into recovery and making sure that you see the correct recovery console.

When you say "didn't see the usual recovery screen", does that mean that you didn't see a recovery screen at all, or that you saw a recovery screen that was unusual? If you saw clockwork recovery, that is the expected result of installing ROM Manager and flashing ClockworkRecovery.

3. P-Droid77

P-Droid77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same issue. The "Flash" at the top of the list wouldn't take on my phone for some reason. I scrolled to the bottom of the menu and went into "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" and flashed one from there. At the moment my current Recovery is Clockworkmod 2.0.2.0. The one which wouldn't work for me was 2.0.1.3. Just a thought......dancedroid

4. gertman

gertman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, this is kind of a related question:

Setup: You download a new ROM using ROM manager and when you try to install recovery mode never boots up

Now, for me at least, I can always just take out the battery then when I reboot use the "X" button power up to get into recovery and flash a backup.

Question: Now, my question is, how can one get to the ROM you just downloaded in ROM manager without downloading it again? Sometimes if I pick the exact same thing it does not need to download again. But, shouldn't one be able to use the install from SD card option and pick the rom just downloaded?

Thanks in advance for anyone that knows the answer.

5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    Okay, my question is when you downloaded Rom Manager, did you download both free and paid?? I know that a lot of people do not like to pay for apps but in this case it is kind of necessary if you are going to use Rom Manager to flash new roms. Also, when flashing a new rom through Rom Manager I suggest using WiFi. It seems to download faster and better. Lastly, make sure you clear the download cache in Rom Manager. to do this go into Rom Manager > menu > clear download cache. I think if you do these steps you will have a better Rom Manager experience. I have not had any troubles with RM and have been using it since I rooted. I also use it on my husbands phone.

6. gertman

gertman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dlwhtrose,

Thank you for trying to help. Yes I have the full paid rom manager. I do clear out the download cache But unfortunately my Wifi does not work with Froyo.

Anyway, I only had a question with Rom manager not an issue. How can you install a previously downloaded ROM that is still in my cache?

7. Mikejl

Mikejl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ROM Manager downloads all ROM's/Kernels/etc to a folder on your SD Card Called "clockworkmod\download\" Files are placed in subfolders inside of the download folder.

Backups are kept in the same location "clockworkmod\backups\xxxxxxxx\*.*

While in recovery you can navigate to those locations, find your ROM and flash from there or restore a nandroid backup.

Mike

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
Search tags for this page
how to expand rom using rom manager
how to fix sd card needs to be mounted to use rom manager
sd card need to be mounted to use rom manager
sd card needs to be mounted to use rom manager
sd need to be mounted to rom manager

the sd card needs to be mounted to use rom manager