1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need help flashing

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by droidx2.3.3, Feb 18, 2012.

1. droidx2.3.3

droidx2.3.3 New Member

Hello. I'm used to flashing Tom's on my Droid x, but am not familiar with the og Droid. I'm also used to a locked bootloader. The way it is with my X is I need to be on the same android version and kernal to flash a rom. My og has Android version 2.2.3 I want to flash cm7. Do I need to be on a specific version, or doesn't it matter? I am rooted and have cwm recovery. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

That right there is the beauty of the unlocked bootloader. Regardless of the build you can wipe and flash :D

If anything ever happens you just boot into recovery and reflash or restore a back up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk
  3. droidx2.3.3

droidx2.3.3 New Member

Damn. I really need a new phone then. I didn't know it was that easy. Thanks for the help

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Yeah the differences between locked and unlocked are astounding. It's not necessary, just easier. I loved my DX and had a great time modding it but I had the D1 well over a year and never SBFed it once. Never needed to lol.