Need Help, flashing gone BAD.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Cdjones187, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

ORIGINAL PROBLEM: Im some issues with rom manager. I succesfully rooted and flash ONIX(froyo) with SPRecovery and then installed rom manager and decided to try out a few more roms. I flashed clockworkmod 2.0.1.3, backed up current rom and wiped cache/data and had no problems flashing CM6RC but didnt like it so did the same steps again and installed bugless beast. Love BB but wanted to flash back to 2.0.1 so it would update back to 2.1. So I went to download rom, stock images, selected Verizon droid 2.0.1 stock, downloaded it and did every step exactly as before. Except this time when it reboots it sticks on the Motorola screen. When it does go into recovery it says cannot mount sd. Since then i cannot flash anything at all.

NOTE: I am a new user to the android os, got my DROID for free through verison not knowing it was unlockable/hackable. So sorry if non of that made sense please bare with me. All im trying to do is get back to 2.1 so when 2.2OTA comes out it will update. Any help is much appreciated.

I also tried to flash clockwork and reflash and still didnt work.

WHAT THIS PROBLEM TURNED INTO AND WHY IM HERE NOW: In the midst of trying to get rom manager to work correctly my phone shut down. Amazingly it boots back up, but now says connect your charger and the battery is a red outline with is line through it (its connected to power) I keep getting force close for android system and have absolutely no signal. It keeps rebooting its self ever minute or so. Sometimes when it reboots it wont have any service at all. BUT I just called my phone when it said it had no service and still rings. (think thats a good sign) The wifi will not turn on, under settings by the checkbox to turn on wifi it says error.

Someone please tell me this is fixble, the phone is 6 days old... No need to tell me how much of a idiot i am, already kickin my self pretty hard for my mishap =/

Any help is very much appreciated, thanks in advance.
  2. randomboy50

randomboy50 New Member

I happened to stumble on this post and I would at least give my 2 cents to your problem. It seems like you have done a number on your phone at least when it comes to the system. Something did kind of sparked in my mind was did you make sure the SD card was fully set in? Im not trying to make you feel stupid but you never know... haha secondly i feel, mind you im no rescue squad, that the only way to like get back to square one with this would be to flash it via RSDlite. It seems like your system/recovery might be corrupted or something. I think this is fixable but hopefully you are able to get your phone in the proper modes to fix it. I do know that to flash with RSDlite you will need to have a somewhat charged battery. You may need to figure out a way to give it a charge if you are not already able to.

Well I hope this helped and ill be watching this thread to see if this gets fixed or not.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/37717-unroot-unbrick-using-sbf-post-ikithme.html
    ^^^---this might help your case

Good Luck!
  3. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

I check out the "unbrick" thread and followed the steps. Vuala, fixed! Thanks so much! =]

I did have to do this again, because I used My Backup Pro to backup apps/data when I had 2.2 on my phone and didnt think it would matter if i restored those apps in 2.1. Im assuming the apps that require root would cause some problems on a non rooted 2.1.
Search tags for this page

android bad flash

android recover from bad recovery flash

bad rom no usb flash

droid x bad flash fix
flashed a bad rom now phone reboots
flashing a bad rom
how to rescue a phone from a bad rom
if you flash a bad rom on your phone hot to recover
my phone flash light is gone,need it back
s3 bad rom flash