Need help fixing droid 3

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
So after flashing steel droid 3.0, and then flashing monster rom 1.1k, my phone has been acting like crap. First, the battery readings are all messed up. My phone has a 100% charge and dies sometime later because I'm incapable of figuring out how much charge I have left. Second, it totally screwed up my radio in my phone, both 3g and wifi. 3g randomly rebooted. Wifi wouldn't connect to anything. So I was like "well at least I can restore my nandroid backup". (Just to clarify, my nandroid backup is from before I flashed anything. I was stock and rooted when I made it)

Oh how naive I was. Nandroid backup didn't do anything. Problems both persisted, but at least I was stock. I then tried a factory reset. Then flashed my nandroid backup. Didn't work.

So I tried to sbf, but rsdlite refuses to detect my phone. Help please?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Whew... where to begin... Let me just start at the top.

Have you wiped the battery stats?

Have you gone into airplane mode and back out? That fixes it sometimes... Have you reactivated?

Nandroids only can restore to the same ROM so a stock nandroid won't restore unless you're stock.

Have you tried sbfing with Ubuntu Linux? No problems there for me. Also, are you sure you're in the bootloader?

Hope that helps... Things good be different in the D3 so hopefully someone who knows the d3 will step in and help.

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

OP
R
Reaction score
Have not wiped battery stats, idk how. Ill google it.

Airplane mode, im aware of that trick, but it doesnt work.

I tried doing a factory reset from the settings menu, then i restored my nandroid backup. would that work? Or do i have to sbf still?

And again, i would sbf, but rsdlite wont detect my phone. Ive downloaded and installed 4 different versions ranging from 4.x to the latest 5.x versions. I have the latest moto drivers as per motorolas website. Idk what im missing. I also do not have ubuntu linux.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Have not wiped battery stats, idk how. Ill google it.

Airplane mode, im aware of that trick, but it doesnt work.

I tried doing a factory reset from the settings menu, then i restored my nandroid backup. would that work? Or do i have to sbf still?

And again, i would sbf, but rsdlite wont detect my phone. Ive downloaded and installed 4 different versions ranging from 4.x to the latest 5.x versions. I have the latest moto drivers as per motorolas website. Idk what im missing. I also do not have ubuntu linux.

To wipe battery stats boot into recovery then it's under the advanced tab.

As far as rsd three chanGing the USB connection between charge only n mass storage and see if it detects it. Finally try guttering the show device button while in rsd.

Fyi I'm on bionic. Hope this helps. Let me know.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
R
Reaction score
I wiped my battery stats this morning. Didn't seem to do anything, phone still showed 100% charge. 6 hours later, my phone is randomly at a 30% charge.

If I did a factory reset, then restored my nandroid backup, that means I'm on the stock rom correct? Or is it possible that some of the files from me flashing steel droid and monster rom are still on some part of my system?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the nandroid was stock+root then yes that should be the case.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wiped my battery stats this morning. Didn't seem to do anything, phone still showed 100% charge. 6 hours later, my phone is randomly at a 30% charge.

If I did a factory reset, then restored my nandroid backup, that means I'm on the stock rom correct? Or is it possible that some of the files from me flashing steel droid and monster rom are still on some part of my system?

I'm jumping in here a little late, but any time I have issues with a new install and those issues are not being reported by a large number of folks, the firs thing I do is to reinstall the rom with wipes. In fact with the severity of the problems you are having I would recommend multiple wipes and be sure to follow the devs instructions exactly during the install and wipes.

Good luck.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!

Did you download an app from the market? I've heard that cwm doesn't always work to clear completely.

Well... I would just sbf back to stock because sometimes a factory reset isn't always the best! :)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

OP
R
Reaction score
I've spent a lot of time searching and double checking that I'm doing this right. How can I get rsd lite to detect my phone? I've done everything imaginable to get it to detect my phone, but it won't work.

ghart53

Reaction score
Im not 100% sure on the droid3, but on the bionic if you power down and then hold the volume up button and press power while continuing to hold the volume up button the phone will say like, rsd mode or something

Forgot to add after it says rsd mode, rsd lite will recognize it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mrcastillo

Reaction score
volume down + power button will take U into rsd fastboot which its what U need. also make sure U wipe data n cache or U might bootloop. if U have any more q's or problems pm me