Need Help Finding My Phone

Wesdaman

Reaction score
So...Today while I was in class, I placed my phone inside my locker. Nobody knew my locker code but somehow someone broke into it and stole my Moto. Droid. :mad: Is there any way I can track my phone through via computer or from another phone? Please help! I would really like to find who the culprit is and I want my phone back.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So...Today while I was in class, I placed my phone inside my locker. Nobody knew my locker code but somehow someone broke into it and stole my Moto. Droid. :mad: Is there any way I can track my phone through via computer or from another phone? Please help! I would really like to find who the culprit is and I want my phone back.

Had you installed any security apps like Mobile Defense or Where's My Droid?

OP
W

Wesdaman

Reaction score
No. I just got it so I hardly had any apps on it. I had GPS on the last I had it though and I never turned it off.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, if you call Verizon, they should be able to kill your ESN number on your phone. That way it's no good to anyone until you reactivate it. Call and see what they say. Tell them it was stolen - do you have insurance?

OP
W

Wesdaman

Reaction score
I called and that is exactly what they did. We are about to loose our insurance, because of financial issues.

dro

Reaction score
Verizon should be able to locate it for you. A customer lost their voyager at my work, apparently Verizon located it down to the street address. Might not help much, but at least you would find out if one of your buddies has it or something. When you get your Droid back/replaced, download one of the security apps. Most of them allow you to track the phone online, wipe data remotely, and even enable a loud siren on the phone.

OP
W

Wesdaman

Reaction score
Thank you! I will definitely ask for that.

jgumphress

Reaction score
As far as not being able to use that phone any more, I noticed a new store front the other day in my town that advertised on their front window that they will unlock any phone even if the ESN was disabled by the carrier.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon should be able to locate it for you. A customer lost their voyager at my work, apparently Verizon located it down to the street address. Might not help much, but at least you would find out if one of your buddies has it or something. When you get your Droid back/replaced, download one of the security apps. Most of them allow you to track the phone online, wipe data remotely, and even enable a loud siren on the phone.
The only way VZW would triangulate a phone is if there was an emergency situation. Locating a lost or stolen phone lands the ESN on the hotlist only. If you find it, then they will unsuspend it and you'll be back in business.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as not being able to use that phone any more, I noticed a new store front the other day in my town that advertised on their front window that they will unlock any phone even if the ESN was disabled by the carrier.
That is highly illegal and hope someone busts that store for it.

jgumphress

Reaction score
I thought that it should be illegal but wasn't sure. It should be. Then again, does anyone care? I mean, there are so many of these places operating that it would be difficult to round them all up. And who are the phone police these days? Now that Ma Bell has been dismantled. Remember when you couldn't even put an extension cord on you home phone without fear that they would find out? But I'm sure you're not as old as I am.

PS: I love the Ronald Reagan quote. So true.

Last edited: