Need help FAST!!

poooookah78

Reaction score
Sorry, I literally have about an hour to do this. My old Droid is needed by my significant other, she has another phone coming in but needs this one for the next two weeks. I primarily want to ensure that I have EVERYTHING deleted from EVERY part of this phone before handing it off to her. I'm deleting all the contacts/texts manually in the phone and I've deleted all the pictures I could find. How do I do a FULL wipe?? I have rooted it so long ago I don't know if the factory reset will work.

THANKS!!!!

illmatic636

Reaction score
Sorry, I literally have about an hour to do this. My old Droid is needed by my significant other, she has another phone coming in but needs this one for the next two weeks. I primarily want to ensure that I have EVERYTHING deleted from EVERY part of this phone before handing it off to her. I'm deleting all the contacts/texts manually in the phone and I've deleted all the pictures I could find. How do I do a FULL wipe?? I have rooted it so long ago I don't know if the factory reset will work.

THANKS!!!!

Factory reset and if your giving her the SD, format it.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Settings-->Privacy-->Factory data reset. Erases everything on phone. make sure you remove the SD card too.

OP
P

poooookah78

Reaction score
Will she need my SD Card ?? Or will they give her one in the mean time?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If you want to return it to stock, use this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...-etc-think-your-og-droid-hw-failing-read.html

You can also flash a rooted stock rom with that method.

If you just want to fully wipe it, and its still rooted, just go into recovery and do it through there. As long as I had my D1, I never did a factory reset. So I'm not sure what all it deletes.

edit: looks like someone beat me to it

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you truly want to wipe the device clean, I have a simple unrooting guide with all the download links you need and it doesn't take long at all, the only step you'd need to add is formatting the sdcard

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=179373

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

OP
P

poooookah78

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys! I have one more question. I have erased everything, I mounted the phone to the laptop and erased everything I could find in the SD card. I'm rebooting it now again, but the problem is, it makes you select a gmail account to start the phone up. I'm using wifi to get this thing started back up, but it's asking me for a gmail account. I only have the one so it automatically syncs my contacts, etc. How do I have it just running w/ no gmail account attached? Or do I simply make a fake one and let it connect with that?

THANKS!!!!

OP
P

poooookah78

Reaction score
Ok, I think I've gotten it all done. My last question is, how do I ENSURE that the SD card is completely wiped?

I currently have it turned on to USB storage and I see only three folders on my E:\ Drive:

.android_secure
Android
LOST.DIR

Does that mean it's completely wiped? How do I quadruple check?

THANKS!!!!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys! I have one more question. I have erased everything, I mounted the phone to the laptop and erased everything I could find in the SD card. I'm rebooting it now again, but the problem is, it makes you select a gmail account to start the phone up. I'm using wifi to get this thing started back up, but it's asking me for a gmail account. I only have the one so it automatically syncs my contacts, etc. How do I have it just running w/ no gmail account attached? Or do I simply make a fake one and let it connect with that?

THANKS!!!!

You can simply skip the Gmail sign in either by going through the setup wizard and selecting "not now "when it asks for your Gmail account or you can touch the four corners of the screen in order- top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left

Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think I've gotten it all done. My last question is, how do I ENSURE that the SD card is completely wiped?

I currently have it turned on to USB storage and I see only three folders on my E:\ Drive:

.android_secure
Android
LOST.DIR

Does that mean it's completely wiped? How do I quadruple check?

THANKS!!!!

Those are supposed to be there
.android_secure is for apps2sd
Android is used by the OS for its own little saved data
lost.dir I'm not sure what its for but it is supposed to be there

19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)