Need Help!! Droid Razr Maxx HD will not reboot

19Jenny69

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Droid Razr Maxx HD, last night I was watching HBOGO on it and it just shut off. When I tried to turn it on I got nothing. I tried unplugging the charger and plugging it back it, it won't charge or it is just not showing that it is charging. I searched and found that others had this issue, I did everything I could find to fix this including, rebooting, clearing the cache, and even (oh! I dreaded doing this) factory reset. I can get into the phone to the reboot menu, but when I factory reset it, when it is done I hit reboot now and it just shut off. It still will not turn on. I use the power and volume down button and can get it to the M logo screen, but that is all it does. It will not go past the M logo screen. I am at a loss, and lost without my phone. Please help me, I can't understand what the problem is and I want to learn from this. I have only had the phone for a month and have not even used a quarter of the memory. I want to say in advance, THANK YOU to anyone who can help me fix this issue.

Thanks,

Jenny dancedroid

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Droid Razr Maxx HD, last night I was watching HBOGO on it and it just shut off. When I tried to turn it on I got nothing. I tried unplugging the charger and plugging it back it, it won't charge or it is just not showing that it is charging. I searched and found that others had this issue, I did everything I could find to fix this including, rebooting, clearing the cache, and even (oh! I dreaded doing this) factory reset. I can get into the phone to the reboot menu, but when I factory reset it, when it is done I hit reboot now and it just shut off. It still will not turn on. I use the power and volume down button and can get it to the M logo screen, but that is all it does. It will not go past the M logo screen. I am at a loss, and lost without my phone. Please help me, I can't understand what the problem is and I want to learn from this. I have only had the phone for a month and have not even used a quarter of the memory. I want to say in advance, THANK YOU to anyone who can help me fix this issue.

Thanks,

Jenny dancedroid
How far down did you let the battery drain before trying to recharge? Can you get a battery reading now and if so what does it say the charged level is?

OP
19Jenny69

19Jenny69

Reaction score
It was around 80% when I started watching my show and I had it plugged into the charger so I don't think it was the battery. I can't get a battery reading as I can't even get into the phone. The only thing I can do is go to the reboot menu in the system and when I reboot it just goes to the M logo and freezes. If I do a factory reset it goes the the reboot now and I select it and it turns off and won't turn back on.

Thank you for responding.

Jenny

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
It was around 80% when I started watching my show and I had it plugged into the charger so I don't think it was the battery. I can't get a battery reading as I can't even get into the phone. The only thing I can do is go to the reboot menu in the system and when I reboot it just goes to the M logo and freezes. If I do a factory reset it goes the the reboot now and I select it and it turns off and won't turn back on.

Thank you for responding.

Jenny
I'm not sure what you're telling me. How do you get the option to do a factory reset if you can't get the phone past the "M" logo? How are you getting to what you call "menu in the system"? I'm not being critical, just trying to understand what you are doing and how the phone reacts.

OP
19Jenny69

19Jenny69

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're telling me. How do you get the option to do a factory reset if you can't get the phone past the "M" logo? How are you getting to what you call "menu in the system"? I'm not being critical, just trying to understand what you are doing and how the phone reacts.

When you hold the volume up, volume down, and power button for a few seconds it takes you to the system menu in the phone, where you can reboot, clear cache, factory reset, and it also gives you options for updates.

Anyway I took it to Verizon yesterday and they told me the start-up file was corrupted and they are sending me a new phone. The man told me that I probably had an automatic update that I didn't know about and hit the wrong button or turned of my phone in the middle of it and corrupted the update. He told me when I get the new one to set my updates to manual so I will have control of when it updates. Just glad that I pay that $6.99 a month for the insurance or I would have been out an awesome phone.

Thank you for trying to help me, I really do appreciate it.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
When you hold the volume up, volume down, and power button for a few seconds it takes you to the system menu in the phone, where you can reboot, clear cache, factory reset, and it also gives you options for updates.

Anyway I took it to Verizon yesterday and they told me the start-up file was corrupted and they are sending me a new phone. The man told me that I probably had an automatic update that I didn't know about and hit the wrong button or turned of my phone in the middle of it and corrupted the update. He told me when I get the new one to set my updates to manual so I will have control of when it updates. Just glad that I pay that $6.99 a month for the insurance or I would have been out an awesome phone.

Thank you for trying to help me, I really do appreciate it.
Ok, I understand now. Anyway, glad Verizon is taking care of you.

JOEOLIVER

Reaction score
Droid Razr Maxx Does not boot beyond Motorloa Logo

Ok, I understand now. Anyway, glad Verizon is taking care of you.

@JPCalhoun...My Motorla Razr Maxx is eperiencing the same problem Jenny above described. My device will only boot to the black screen with the red Motorola Logo and appears to continously cycle in the screen and never moves past this point until the battery finally dies. I have tried to do the soft and hard resets as well as clearing the cache, etc but no luck in the past. I don't have the privledge to get a replacement so I hope that you can help me rectify this situtation...Thank you in advance!!!

JOE O. :mad:

chicadelfuego

Reaction score
@JPCalhoun...My Motorla Razr Maxx is eperiencing the same problem Jenny above described. My device will only boot to the black screen with the red Motorola Logo and appears to continously cycle in the screen and never moves past this point until the battery finally dies. I have tried to do the soft and hard resets as well as clearing the cache, etc but no luck in the past. I don't have the privledge to get a replacement so I hope that you can help me rectify this situtation...Thank you in advance!!!

JOE O. :mad:

I have the same issue. Went to the store I got it from and was told to go home and reload the software. They were of no help!

w3man

Reaction score
Did you do the software update from Verizon? That killed my HD Maxx.

chicadelfuego

Reaction score

I did. My phone rebooted during the software causing it to lose all os software. Even tech support was unable to help. Verizon played back and forth about it and basically told me it was my problem. Since I'm in Florida I normally wouldn't qualify for extended warranty due to legalities. However, I had my print out of my conversation with the tech support person that said I would be covered for free so they had to honor it.

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

KitKat has just been loads of fun...! +Sarcasm) Sorry to the OP that you're going through this

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Droid Forums

DaveBerkebile

Reaction score
I have this exact same problem. There is data on that phone that I CANNOT lose. Anyone know of a ROM online that might fix it? I can get to the triage screen and have the option to install from an SD card, but I need the file to do that.

Thanks Verizon for soft bricking my phone!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I have this exact same problem. There is data on that phone that I CANNOT lose. Anyone know of a ROM online that might fix it? I can get to the triage screen and have the option to install from an SD card, but I need the file to do that.

Thanks Verizon for soft bricking my phone!

use this script to reflash your phone from fastboot. use the "keep data" file inside
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2474393

DaveBerkebile

Reaction score
use this script to reflash your phone from fastboot. use the "keep data" file inside
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2474393

Thanks for the advice but the phone is still being stubborn. In AP Fastboot, the Windows Utility says it is writing the update but when I reboot the phone, the problem remains. It says it is applying the update but then it goes back to the showing all the services that are failing.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Thanks for the advice but the phone is still being stubborn. In AP Fastboot, the Windows Utility says it is writing the update but when I reboot the phone, the problem remains. It says it is applying the update but then it goes back to the showing all the services that are failing.

sorry to hear that.
your phones software is verified good now by flashing (i was really hoping that was the issue). the only other option is a factory reset and loss of data :(