Need Help Deciding on Android Phone

micjmac

Reaction score
This is what is important to me:

1. Best battery life
2. Excellent Pandora streaming audio quality and excellent MP3/AAC audio quality---worried about this from a thread I read about the DX with poor Pandora quality
3. Best signal strength
4. GPS that works is a plus---if it talks to you, even better---heard Fascinate has issues with this
5. I'm paying a lot for an android phone, the camera better be good---so far from what I've seen on this forum---the DX is rather disappointing in this category

I'll add anything that I can think of later. If there is anything else that I cannot think of that should be taken into consideration, please let me know.

Thank you!

ricks

Reaction score
I have an X and everthing works great for me. I had the original Motorola Droid and that worked fine also.

jloya

Reaction score
if you can hold off, since its so close to dec/jan id wait for another month or two and see whats introduced

if not I love my droid X, as far as battery goes if you want good/decent you either can get the extended battery or root and load a custom rom

the5barrons

Reaction score
This is what is important to me:

1. Best battery life
2. Excellent Pandora streaming audio quality and excellent MP3/AAC audio quality---worried about this from a thread I read about the DX with poor Pandora quality
3. Best signal strength
4. GPS that works is a plus---if it talks to you, even better---heard Fascinate has issues with this
5. I'm paying a lot for an android phone, the camera better be good---so far from what I've seen on this forum---the DX is rather disappointing in this category

I'll add anything that I can think of later. If there is anything else that I cannot think of that should be taken into consideration, please let me know.

Thank you!

1. If you set it up right and moderate correctly, as with any phone the battery life should be proportional to that. Mine is great.

2.pandora, slacker and other web based streaming apps have unstable sound quality. I used pandora for a long while on a bb - hated it. Slacker on this phone is good and the quality is ok. Any mp3 coming out of the phone sounds just like any device I've owned...great. if you base the quality of the phone on the web signal quality...prepare for disappointment.

3.signal strength is all about your location. Do you know what kind of tower coverage you have? If in a place where 3g is low and wifi is available, use wifi.

4. Nav gps is awesome. Works like a charm. Most apps work well within it too (poynt, google)

5. untrue. Camera problems are mainly user induced. Not saying there aren't cameras on dx's that aren't faulty, but my experience plus some of the photos I've seen on this board taken on a dx...are better than some actual cameras I've seen. If you're buying a camera, go buy a camera. The dx takes great pics and video.

Dx is a great platform. Be prepared for extra"bloatware" (preinstalled apps that you can't delete without rooting your phone). Best thing about this phone is the possibilities when and if you decide to take full control of it's abilities.

I'd say most who own will tell you just just how awesome it is.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

Reaction score
I use Pandora everyday while at work with headphones with my DX in my pocket and it sounds great. My 3G signal at work is really good though.

One thing to take note of, however, is that Pandora drains the battery power right out of the DX. I see battery power is important to you, so it's just something to take note of. I keep an extra charger at work just because of this.

Battery power in general (with moderate-high use, excluding Pandora use) got noticably better for mine about a week after I got it. A few power cycles (charging, draining, charging etc) and it will improve. If I'm just using if for email, moderate internet, and facebook during the day, I'll have about 25% left when I go to bed usually at 10PM. That's when I unplug it from the charger at 6AM.

From what I've played around with so far, the camera is great for pictures. When I put them on my computer they look nice and sharp. The videos, however, look pretty grainy when you blow them up bigger than the DX screen. Not sure how they claim it videos in 720p...

GPS navigation works perfectly for me, have had no issues.

Last edited: