Need help creating/syncing work calendar..

roanoke4

Reaction score
Like most of you I love my new Droid Pro, but the calendar is driving me utterly batty. My old blackberry had a simple calendar that I could use for any variety of personal or work e-mails, but for whatever reason I can't sync the default gmail calendar with my work e-mail address/calendar. How exactly do I create a dedicated calendar for my work e-mail address account that I recently installed? Or, do I have to go through Outlook or Gmail to somehow sync the two? Again when I pull up my calendar it only lists my newly created gmail account, and I can't figure out how to add my work e-mail/outlook account to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, same setup I have. Sadly Exchange and Google don't play all that well together but there are workarounds (providing you just want the caledar's synced and not the mail).

First to get the calendar's 'synced' d/l this:
Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

This is a app that will run on your desktop and sync with your corporate calendar every so often (you can change the frequency). The down side is it initiates contact (i.e. changes you make in Outlook won't take effect until it's run again) so it not a 'real-time' sync. The other downside is that it will only work with your default calendars for both (no biggie for me). As for the calendar on the phone I use PureCalendar as it will sync with both of them (but not cross-sync them) and when you go to add an action it will prompt you to which calendar you want to add the event to. Now on that my rec is to only have it (PureCal) to use your exchange calendar and ignore your gmail (that way you don't have double listings). What I do then is add my other calendars from google into it so they all 'overlap' and I can see everything. If this isn't clear let me know and I'll try to explain it better. Hope it helps.

Alternatively (if you want to pay) there are 3rd party apps (CompanionLink) that will do this all for you but they are costly. Also if you are going to need good exchange support try TouchDown from the market it's a LOT better than the default corp email app).

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Are you using the default mail app for your corporate email? In the standard calendar app, hit menu, more, calendars. I can select which calendars show, including gmail and my corp sync calendar.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using the default mail app for your corporate email? In the standard calendar app, hit menu, more, calendars. I can select which calendars show, including gmail and my corp sync calendar.

That 'shows' them yes, but won't actually 'sync' them together. Not and issue if you only use your device but if you actually Outlook (like at a work computer) it gets annoying....

Last edited:

StingRay

Reaction score
I must be misunderstanding the issue....

On my Pro my calendar shows any GMail Calendar entries, as well as my Corporate Exchange Calendar....my Corp Exchange Calendar syncs with my Outlook calendar at work and on my Pro....

sorry if I'm dense, but is this not what the OP is needing?

EDIT...Okay I think I now understand...GMail does not sync it's entries to the Outlook calendar at work....Is that the issue here?

OP
R

roanoke4

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone but I'm basically stuck at the starting gate---the only calendars I can pull up on my phone is my gmail calendar and not my corporate exchange one. I'm trying to create a corporate exchange calendar as well (so that it will appear in the drop down window when I go into calendars) but can't seem to do so. Again I already have my corporate e-mail in place (sending/receiving e-mails perfectly) but can't seem to be able to create its own separate calendar (or at least sub-calendar via the drop down function in calendars).

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless they have changed something in the later apps the default client will not allow you to 'create' a exchange calendar. You need to create the calendar on the Exchange server first (from Outlook or your web-access portal).