need help choosing between S4 and Note2

Turbostang99

Reaction score
I'm having a issue on what phone to choose between the S4 and Note2. I own the S3 right now but not sure which phone to get. Any help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I would get the N2 or wait for the N3. Speculation is that the S3 & N2 will get many of the features of S4 with software updates. Mind you, I do not have either an S3 or S4, but they seem to be fairly similar devices especially once a software update hits whereas the N2 (or N3) with its sPen will seem like a very different device with lots of new features to play with.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

jamjr74

Reaction score
Both very similar devices Imo. Whatever size device u prefer. I prefer the s4. Both awesome devices.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have the S3 and S4 and looking at them from 3 feet away you can't see the difference in the size bnut ther S4 does have more sensors for additional features of the software that the S3 won;t be able to accommodate even with an update. The S4 does seem to be much more fluid and generally faster. The note will be, if it's the Note 2, obviously larger and has the digitizer screen.

I love the S4 and it certainly is a better phone than the S3 in all respects but as was noted, if you can wait and the additional size suites you the Note 3 would be a good option.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If the note 2 is too big and you want a device that is smaller then go s4. For the most part that is the biggest difference ( practically speaking), that and the s pen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus Touch using Tapatalk.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I just traded my S3 for a note 2 and I love it. Much better than the S3. The note 2 fits in my hands so much better. The s pen is very cool. I do a ton of emails from my phone and the large screen makes it much much nicer

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just traded my S3 for a note 2 and I love it. Much better than the S3. The note 2 fits in my hands so much better. The s pen is very cool. I do a ton of emails from my phone and the large screen makes it much much nicer

Have you gotten a chance to do any development on it yet?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Have you gotten a chance to do any development on it yet?

Nothing really yet. Made a few tweaks on mine. My dev machine died a while back so I'm slowly putting a new on together. I plan on having some of the mods I really like in flash able firm soon though

mr.butangenomo

Reaction score
I'm having a issue on what phone to choose between the S4 and Note2. I own the S3 right now but not sure which phone to get. Any help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

You should get the Galaxy S4 later this year. I heard Samsung will release a newer version of the Galaxy S4 sporting the Snapdragon 800 processor which should be clocked at around 2.3 GHz. Now imagine the antutu scores on that baby.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Galaxy S4 is an exceptional phone. But the extra screen space w/Note 2 was worth it to me. First phone that stilled my desire to constantly upgrade.