Need help choosing a phone!

uanaka

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Anyways, I've had my little razr flip phone for around 4 years now and I can finally get an upgrade. So I've narrowed my choices down to 3/4 options.

Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300 or I9305, is the extra ram that important?)
HTC Droid DNA
HTC Droid Razr Maxx HD

Just a little information to help you make a decision. I'm still a student and I'm not really that knowledgeable about rooting and that stuff (probably wouldn't root phones, don't see benefit really) . So all I would use the phone for is general texting, calling, web browsing, games, social networking and music/streaming music.
- I'm not too into the gaming and multitasking, so idk about ram and that stuff. But essentially, I'm looking for a phone with a battery that can last me the entire day (limited to moderate usage) or even more would be great. I know the Maxx has the best battery, but it also has a bad camera (i like to take pictures from time to time). But I like its build.

I guess in general i'm looking for fast and good battery life... the android 4.1/4.0 doesn't really matter seeing as I don't really keep up with it. As long as the phone works, I can message, call, play and listen to music it fits my need.

Thanks!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Your duplicate thread was closed. Please try to only post once, it helps reduce clutter on the forum.

About the phones, it's a personal decision. If you wont be into rooting it or anything then find one that fits your needs. The Maxx HD has all of the battery life you will ever need, and 1GB of RAM is plenty for someone who isn't heavy into games or hacking. The Note II has a bigger screen if that's what you like. The DNA is a nice phone I hear but the storage is only 16gb and non expandable. May not be an issue for you but it's something to be aware of. The best bet is to go get some hands on time with them and decide which one you like the best. I personally prefer Motorola because of the build quality and the radios.

OP
U

uanaka

Reaction score
Thanks so much, sorry about the duplicate post :/ today is the day that I get my phone and I just needed to get some final opinions. I'm settling with the Maxx HD.

t35rk

Reaction score
How about the Galaxy Note 2? It has the best battery and with the S Pen, it is the best phone for students.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Thanks so much, sorry about the duplicate post :/ today is the day that I get my phone and I just needed to get some final opinions. I'm settling with the Maxx HD.

Don't think you will be settling with the HD... its a very nice phone. It will suit you nicely.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Caesars

Reaction score
Based off what you mentioned in the OP the maxx is the obvious choice, however id defiantly check out the note 2.

Return of the Android

OP
U

uanaka

Reaction score
Well then, nvm. I thought the Maxx would have unlocked versions.. darn. So nvm then.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Nope. Only HD Developer edition for Verizon or HD on any other carrier... If you aren't going to root or ROM why do you need it unlocked?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Agree with GCG

If you're not going to root and ROM then having a locked or unlocked phone isn't applicable to you, at this current time anyway. If you want to know more about root and all that good stuff take a look at the second link in my sig and that'll get you started on your Android education.

Natey2

Reaction score
You mean you can't do a:
fastboot oem unlock
to unlock the bootloader, like you can on a Nexus 7? :^)

Why that sneaky Motorola... locking their bootloader! How dare they do that! Lol!

OP
U

uanaka

Reaction score
Nope. Only HD Developer edition for Verizon or HD on any other carrier... If you aren't going to root or ROM why do you need it unlocked?

Because I'm not a verizon user? I'm actually tmobile, so how can I use a verizon only phone then if it's unlocked?

LOL

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Um, sorry? Didn't know you were on T-Mobile... HD isn't a Verizon only phone though. If they carry the HD it will be unlocked through them.

OP
U

uanaka

Reaction score
Yes but won't that mean, you have to go under their service to purchase the HD?

thanks

OP
U

uanaka

Reaction score
Oh really? Would they let you buy it, and allow you to unlock it? cause dont you need the code.. plus i dont think verizon takes sim card.. do they