1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

need help Boot animation not working

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by BluStang05, Apr 3, 2010.

1. BluStang05

BluStang05 New Member

So i got ambitious today and wanted to try to make a boot animation. after an hour or so heres what i got But i can get it to work. The M comes up then the screen goes black for a bit and then the lock screen comes up. I can get boot animations that I have downloaded to work just cant make my own work

what did i do wrong?

also is there away to test the animation part on windows with out transferring to droid IE to fine tune FPS

thanks guys

bootanimation.zip
  2. CFH

CFH New Member

Your desc.txt file was messed up, so I rewrote it. It works fine now. Just download the zip, and rename to bootanimation, and you'll be all set. :)
  3. BluStang05

BluStang05 New Member

Thanks for the help! So the desc file needs to be in 3 lines? I modified the Rotten apple Bootanima and the when i opened the desc file from rotten apple it was all on a single line so i did not think much about changing it.

Thanks!!
  4. CFH

CFH New Member

I don't know if it has to be in 3 lines, but that's the way I do mine.

Also, sometimes Notepad desc.txts don't work. Don't know why, but they don't. So what I do is copy a desc.txt from a working boot animation, and paste my lines into it. I did this with yours, and repackaged everything using 7zip, and it worked fine.
  5. BluStang05

BluStang05 New Member

Thanks i will have to toy around with it a little more. I am getting into Photo shop and this is a great way to practice! Thinking i am going to buy one of those Wacom pen tablets to help with the editing
Search tags for this page

bootannimation not working on my mediatekphone