need help Boot animation not working

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by BluStang05, Apr 3, 2010.

1. BluStang05

BluStang05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So i got ambitious today and wanted to try to make a boot animation. after an hour or so heres what i got But i can get it to work. The M comes up then the screen goes black for a bit and then the lock screen comes up. I can get boot animations that I have downloaded to work just cant make my own work

what did i do wrong?

also is there away to test the animation part on windows with out transferring to droid IE to fine tune FPS

thanks guys

bootanimation.zip

2. CFH

CFH Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your desc.txt file was messed up, so I rewrote it. It works fine now. Just download the zip, and rename to bootanimation, and you'll be all set. :)

3. BluStang05

BluStang05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help! So the desc file needs to be in 3 lines? I modified the Rotten apple Bootanima and the when i opened the desc file from rotten apple it was all on a single line so i did not think much about changing it.

Thanks!!

4. CFH

CFH Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if it has to be in 3 lines, but that's the way I do mine.

Also, sometimes Notepad desc.txts don't work. Don't know why, but they don't. So what I do is copy a desc.txt from a working boot animation, and paste my lines into it. I did this with yours, and repackaged everything using 7zip, and it worked fine.

5. BluStang05

BluStang05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks i will have to toy around with it a little more. I am getting into Photo shop and this is a great way to practice! Thinking i am going to buy one of those Wacom pen tablets to help with the editing

Search tags for this page

bootannimation not working on my mediatekphone