Need help. Between the Droid, Droid incredible, and Droid X

smurff1233

Reaction score
i'm really not sure what to pick i have been trying to read up on all of the phones and get my information straight and looking up videos of how everything works, but i'm still not sure which one is best for me. I want one that calls and texts good, has awesome internet, can hold alot of songs videos pictures, and is very customizable so I can get it to best suit me. If any of you have any suggestions please fill free to let me know.

P.S.
The only problem i see with the X is that its HUGE and I don't know if it would be comforatable in my pocket.

OP
S

smurff1233

Reaction score
how about the internet on it how is it? do you know

labphoto

Reaction score
I've had all three. Droid has the largest support, but is close to end of life. Droid X is just too big, Incredible with AMOLED screen is sweet. Perfect size, nice speed, Sense UI is fantastic. It is now my current machine.

erikfig

Reaction score
If you want to have a fully customizable the Droid 1 is the one. Droid X if you can carry an extra bag pack to carry it, you should be fine. Droid X is TOO BIG and is not fully customizable yet, Boot loader is encrypted.

Fizban22

Reaction score
ide say go with the X. i was going through the same decision and i chose the DX. the reason being is that im new to android and i didnt want to Root anything, being as im not an expert on any of that and i didnt wanna mess my phone up. With the X, you can customize everything to your liking without potentially messing up your phone. With a couple apps and widgets downloaded, the X will feel likes yours and only yours. for instance, i loved the X but one of the things i really wanted was that flip-clock/weather widget thats on all HTC phones. go in the market, got Weather and Toggle widget, now my phone seems perfect (to me).

as far as the size goes, yes the X is HUGE but its not uncomfortably big. Its thin enough and light enough to wear you dont feel like your carrying around a brick in your pocket. In my hand it feels good. The hump on the back actually provides decent spot to keep your finger while your texting/etc.

so in my opinion... go with the X. im new to Android and this phone so far has been everything ive wanted it to be.

Reaction score
I've had all three. Droid has the largest support, but is close to end of life. Droid X is just too big, Incredible with AMOLED screen is sweet. Perfect size, nice speed, Sense UI is fantastic. It is now my current machine.

Change your Listed phone then, you sell out! Jk, I'm just sligthly jelouse you have ALL 3 phones. Is the incredible not capable of being rooted, and loading roms? And I think the incredible will be outdated in just a few months with HTC having so many new phones.

Ps End of life for Moto Droid means nothing except they wont sell them anymore.

Honestly for an answer, I prefer the Droid, but would take an Incredible for the faster cpu, although the Droid can be over-clocked past the Incredible also.

So if you want customization, long lasting battery and the ability to process just as fast as the incredible and the Droid X if you so desire, Go with the droid. It also is great for messaging the keyboard will assist in your messaging needs quite well. And if you game AT ALL, the Droid is the best IMO since it has the physical keyboard. Try playing Sega genesis, GBA, playstation roms with an on-screen controller. Very unpleasant.

Also if you take the Droid 1 you can save 200$ you can put towards anything else or save for upgrading again later! I got mine with contract upgrade for only 50$ I think they are even cheaper now.

OP
S

smurff1233

Reaction score
Thank you all for the information very helpful really appreciate it

xandor

Reaction score
Hmm home come no body mentioned galaxy s?.

Because it's not available on verizon yet, and the OP seemed to indicate they were on that system.

Even though I prefer a physical keyboard, I am tempted to switch to the X, but my new every 2 isn't up and I'm waiting for their new high speed network to launch.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bucknutz

Reaction score
I had the same issue with the size of the X. To be honest I don't even notice it in my pocket because it's so thin. I think it's better than any other cell phone i've had in the past.