NEED Help BAD

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Chadd Cline, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Chadd Cline

Chadd Cline New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a complete Newb, so I apologize in advance. I currently have a rooted Droid X. I followed a tutorial on Youtube to complete it. I have read ALOT on this forum and learned alot, but obviously not enough. I tried doing a theme from Rom Manager... Phone re-booted got stuck on the M screen. I did a battery pull, restored phone to where I had it backed up as and now all of the font is really small as well as the icons. Just looks like you zoomed out on the page 6times. Everypage is like this. Any ideas? Also, any ideas of how to sucessfully install a custom theme? I need step by step instructions. Also, the programs I currently hav are Droid x Overclock, SetCPU, Titanium back up, Wireless tether, Rom manager, and boot strap, If any of these are the wrong ones or I need different ones, please let me know. Thank you so much guys.

2. CJM

CJM Super Moderator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,810
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Corey
    I know rom manager has some issues.
    Most themers have good instructions posted with their themes. Maybe try another theme.
    The apps you have are the ones a lot of people use with their rooted phones.

Swyped from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. Chadd Cline

Chadd Cline New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome thank you. However, my big issue is still bad. Right now mt key board and everything looks like your typing/viewing on a eris. Really small ever since I tried to apply that theme? Any ideas? Please? Haha

4. droidinkr

droidinkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone help me??? rooted xt720 and now my wifi won't work. "Unable to Scan for Networks" error message. PLEASE guys. heh.

5. Chadd Cline

Chadd Cline New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thread jacking? Nice...highly frowned on around here. Read up before you post. Once your done reading.....starr your OWN post. Thanks.

6. CJM

CJM Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,810
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    I have a Droid, not an X so I cant say for sure. Try another theme. It could be that. Or re-flash the rom for that theme, then flash the theme again. That should tell you if its the theme or the phone.

7. dpmeeks

dpmeeks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ran into this problem yesterday trying to install a custom theme, i have a droid 1 though, but it got stuck on the M after using rom manager.

Only way i could fix it was to go into bootloader and do a "nandroid" recovery and that got everything working again.

8. Chadd Cline

Chadd Cline New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    O.k. I finally got it figured out just by messing around with it. Figured I would still post how I got changd just in case anyone else comes across this issue. With the app Overclock Droid X, you can change the density. Our phones come at 240. They lower the number, the small your screen gets. Thanks for the help though guys.

9. droidinkr

droidinkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry for the "thread jacking". I just tried to find a similar post to add my problem to. I'm new to a lot of this. My bad. Help would be really appreciated though. And again...sorry for the lack of ettiquite.

10. CJM

CJM Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,810
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    Its a common mistake. We've called off home land security. It would help you better if you posted your own thread instead of one under under a droid x post. As for your milestone, it could be a kernel issue. If you recently flashed a kernel then that could be the problem. I dont know how similar your xt720 is to my droid, but I have used chevyno1 and slayher kernels and always had a working wifi. They can be found by searching for them. Take time to read the stickies. They could save you from facing criminal charges. :)

Search tags for this page

droid incredible unable to scan for networks

motorola milestone unable to scan for networks
motorola xt5 unable to scan wifi
unable to scan for networks motorola xt5