need help bad!!!

Ieisha

Reaction score
Ok I have been trying to figure this out since monday, and have made several posts about it. I am so confused with this I don't know what to do. Ok phone was slow as a turtle(taking forever to open up different things), deleted some apps, cleared phone and message log ( after it finally open up ) .....................still slow . Did a factory reset in the settings tab (3 times) ..............still slow Phone did two random reboots yesterday , still slow and keeps freezing in the message and contacts list . What else can I try ? Could it be something I'm missing? Oh and it was rooted when I got it , and I also tried a task killer which didn't help either. Verizon says I am not covered under manufacturer warranty since I bought it from a third party. So I have no clue what to do, becuz the phone was lighting fast when I got it two weeks ago , and since Monday it's been going haywire

*****It may be dumb but hey its worth a shot , could it be something on my memory card?********

Last edited:

kdkinc

Reaction score
Did you do the pull the battery trick??
Have you tried running the phone with out the SD card ?? I guess the phone will run without it but I don't see any harm in trying...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You need to look at the apps you've installed. This sounds like an app not working well with others. If this was happening to me, I'd remove apps starting with the most recently installed.

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score
Have you tried running the phone with out the SD card ?? I guess the phone will run without it but I don't see any harm in trying...

Yeah done the battery trick, and I have the sd card out now. it's running Just a tad bit faster

kdkinc

Reaction score

Yeah done the battery trick, and I have the sd card out now. it's running Just a tad bit faster

bayoufishflyer has good suggestion.
Just have to go back in time or maybe do a complete factory reset and only install one app at a time.

Try this first... stopping all auto update first would be the next step

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
To me it sounds like a kernel issue. What phone is it and what rom are you running

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score

Just have to go back in time or maybe do a complete factory reset and only install one app at a time.

Stoppin auto updates on what?

I am really wondering if it's the card , I just did a power/volume /home key reset thingy , and it's back faster (w/o the memory card in it) . So now I am taking my pictures and music off the sd card and reformatting it .

the only apps I had downloaded were ringdroid, astro,tone picker, facebook for android and bloo.
Had handcent sms , but deleted that when the problems first started occuring .

Last edited:

kdkinc

Reaction score

I am really wondering if it's the card , I just did a power/volume /home key reset thingy , and it's back faster (w/o the memory card in it) . So now I am taking my pictures and music off the sd card and reformatting it .

the only apps I had downloaded were ringdroid, astro,tone picker, facebook for android and bloo.

weather auto update news update things like that until you get a handle on it.
Sounds like your in the right direction...

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score

weather auto update news update things like that until you get a handle on it.
Sounds like your in the right direction...
yeah I don't \have any of those (weather /news ) apps installed

jeanniesdroid

Reaction score
Well, I'm going through the same thing except after pulling the battery and turning it on, it's frozen on the moving droid camera eye icon. Been that way for an hour now. :-(

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score
Well, I'm going through the same thing except after pulling the battery and turning it on, it's frozen on the moving droid camera eye icon. Been that way for an hour now. :-(

yeah mine did that last night as well . Just pulled the battery out aggain and it finally booted back up