need help ASAP

x25064

Reaction score
Does anyone know if/how the phone can charge in fastboot?

I had 40% when I tried to flash back to stock and during the process the program stopped because the phone doesn't have enough charge. It doesn't seem like the phone charges when its off or on the fastboot screen.

any help here?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
It does not charge in fastboot, but should charge when off.

"Ready to do nothing at a moments notice."

omar908

Reaction score
Actually it does charge but very slowly -_- i had the same problem just leave it on the charger but it had to be on an outlet and not a laptop to charge, leave it for about 30 min.- 1 hr. And than connect ur phone to laptop and continue :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It does not charge in fastboot, but should charge when off.

"Ready to do nothing at a moments notice."

Correct. You should have a least 60% charge before starting Fastboot. Better to have 75%.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
So when I plug it in, the fastboot screen pops up, just press the power button to shut the phone off and wait about an hour for it to charge up?

omar908

Reaction score
Just leave it on the fastboot screen and leave it plugged in, it wont say or show any sign of charging but its doing it slowly -_- i think u can just press the power button quickly to turn off the screenbut i dont remember if it does tht still while on fast boot :p

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Well.. I suppose its better than stripping a usb cable and prying off the back of my phone like I read on some other forums. Your sure this will charge the battery? I get the feeling when fastboot comes back up its still going to say low power..

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
half hour later I am still getting the same error....

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Other places I read says it will not charge at all, one guy left it on for a few days..........

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just leave it on the fastboot screen and leave it plugged in, it wont say or show any sign of charging but its doing it slowly -_- i think u can just press the power button quickly to turn off the screenbut i dont remember if it does tht still while on fast boot :p

I've heard what he's saying told by others but I can't confirm it's accurate. Can you power the phone off completely before plugging the phone in, or is that what you did? You may be forced to create the custom cable mentoned.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
I have to do the cable method, which I really have no idea how to do, so I am probably going to pay an $80 restocking fee to get another razr and just not root these god damned phones anymore.

omar908

Reaction score
Hmm...can u try some for me?
Well i remember tht when i unplugged the cable from the phone it would say low battery i remember instead of unplugging it, i just directly took the ac adapter off and immediately inserted it into the laptop as fast as i could and it worked...it wont hurt to try it out :/

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have to do the cable method, which I really have no idea how to do, so I am probably going to pay an $80 restocking fee to get another razr and just not root these god damned phones anymore.
How long have you had the phone?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I turned off the phone then plugged it in an AC outlet for 30 min. Then I was able to get in fastboot and go back to stock

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I ended up having to switch out my battery with my wife's fully charged batt to get out of fastboot on my bionic.

Er wait yours is a razr... good luck!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums