Need Help ASAP!-Unrooting with a broken touch screen!

marii

Reaction score
My Droid 2 is being replaced by VZW and I need to erase any trace of rooting it and send it back by tomorrow. Last time I was able to access my phone I saw that I couldn't unroot using Z4 Root (and it only had a button that said "Root") and I still had Superuser app in my app drawer. Most of the screen is dead. Now the only thing this phone can do is go from ringer to silent from the lock screen and the search button is the only one with haptic feedback. I tried to use RSD Lite and flash to SBF but RSD Lite didn't recognize the phone even after installing the drivers. I tried to get into recovery mode several times and the Exclamation Point Android screen came up.

Please help, I am desperate and I need to return the phone by tomorrow to meet the 10 day deadline. I am strongly considering sending it back as is because I am out of options!

TIA!

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
If superuser is your only trace of rooting they probably wont notice. And on the recovery screen you have to press the magnifying glass key on your keyboard to get the menu to show up.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

marii

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I cleared my phone (SUPER User was still there) and I will be sending it back tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

Reaction score
The reason RSDlite didn't recognize your phone is because you were in recovery. You need to go into the bootloader (up arrow on the keyboard + power button)