Need help ASAP Please!!!

Reaction score
So I rooted my phone over the weekened. Well today when I got to work my phone did the software update and I didnt know about it. Now my phone shuts off every couple minutes and when it turns back on it shows a picture of a box and the android dude next to it. It also has a progress meter and it gets to about 10 percent and then a new screen comes up and its an exclamation point in a triangle with the droid dude next to it. What is going on with my phone now? Is it shot? I hope not I have not even had it a month yet. Need Help ASAP Please Thanks guys

thelopenator

Reaction score
So I rooted my phone over the weekened. Well today when I got to work my phone did the software update and I didnt know about it. Now my phone shuts off every couple minutes and when it turns back on it shows a picture of a box and the android dude next to it. It also has a progress meter and it gets to about 10 percent and then a new screen comes up and its an exclamation point in a triangle with the droid dude next to it. What is going on with my phone now? Is it shot? I hope not I have not even had it a month yet. Need Help ASAP Please Thanks guys

Okay what happened was you rooted and you did a verizon OTA right? Well if thats the case you were not suppose to ever do that once you root. I hope you have a backup of BEFORE you did the OTA so you can run the phone in recovery mode and restore it. If you don't I'm not sure I dont have too many ideas right now as it's 2:30 AM haha. Uhm also you might be able to do a Factory restore right when the phone turns on. if it keeps updating you try throwing the phone in airplane mode and maybe it wont update?

mj23

Reaction score
i totally almost updated last night but saw this post. thankfully.

i rooted just for the programs that req root access not for roms and i thought i was ok.

not ok.

comk4ver

Reaction score
What phone are you on? I'm sure you must have made a backup!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
i saw someone say if you format the SD card you will be good. i believe the OTA gets downloaded to the SD, and the phone tries to apply the update but Root wont let it.
plug the SD into a computer, delete any files on the root of the SD card and put it back in. it may fix it for you.

DrewB

Reaction score
What if he took out them memory card and put it in a SD card reader and dl a Rom place it on the root of the SD card flash into recovery and flash the Rom. He could simply flash a debloated Rom if he wants the stock Rom. All of this of course he didn't create a back up.

sent from bamfed out bolt

AntiNorm

Reaction score
Power off the phone, remove the microSD card, put it in a card reader, hook it up to your PC. In the root directory of the card, there should be a file called pg05img.zip. Delete that file, then put the microSD card back into your phone and power it up.

pg05img.zip is the OTA update. It's failing, since you have root. The file is still there, though, which is why your phone keeps trying to apply it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get back on this. I was cancelling.all the updates but one got by me when I was in the 4g area and download it before I seen it. Is there a way to disable them? The phone kept shutting off then freezing so I pulled the battery and hurried up and did a factory reset. It fixed it for now knock on wood. I still need to install a rom yet though.

mj23

Reaction score
I just ended up installing a new ROM. Worked great

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk