NEED HELP ASAP GB Bootloop

Moroney167

Reaction score
Went from a perfect running GB 573 root and wanted to go 595 update. I used D2 bootstrapper. Went in and was up to date. Did a reboot because I wanted to change some stuff and was needed. Now im here at bootloop on the droid eye part. I pull battery and hold HOME and POWER and all it does is bring up the droid with triangle thing. I hit the search buttom but won't bring up the navagation stuff to reboot or wipe.

NEED HELP. Appreciate all input.

Thanks
Jim

FC127

Reaction score
Went from a perfect running GB 573 root and wanted to go 595 update. I used D2 bootstrapper. Went in and was up to date. Did a reboot because I wanted to change some stuff and was needed. Now im here at bootloop on the droid eye part. I pull battery and hold HOME and POWER and all it does is bring up the droid with triangle thing. I hit the search buttom but won't bring up the navagation stuff to reboot or wipe.

Thanks
Jim

You have to press both volume buttons, instead of the search button, in gingerbread.

Sent from my Gingy DX

OP
M

Moroney167

Reaction score

Thanks
Jim

You have to press both volume buttons, instead of the search button, in gingerbread.

Sent from my Gingy DX

AAA HAAAAA! Thanks sir I must have did it on accident right before you said that and it makes sense now.

Now what do I do! Do I do a wipe to data/factory reset? Then a reboot?

Shad0www

Reaction score
Yeah wipe and see if that fixes your problem.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
M

Moroney167

Reaction score
Did a wipe and all. Reboot and still is stuck on droid eye

Shad0www

Reaction score
You could try booting into clockwork and reflash .595 by holding power and camera key to power on then letting go of power button first then a second or two later let go of the camera key. This usually works but if not then you'll most likely need to sbf.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
M

Moroney167

Reaction score
You could try booting into clockwork and reflash .595 by holding power and camera key to power on then letting go of power button first then a second or two later let go of the camera key. This usually works but if not then you'll most likely need to sbf.

Sent from my DROIDX
Just tried that and it did nothing different. Just goes to the "droid" part then the eye thing.

Crap what did I do! This sucks I need my phone for tomorrow.

What do I have to do at this point

Shad0www

Reaction score
You are going to need to sbf back to stock froyo with a computer.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
M

Moroney167

Reaction score
You are going to need to sbf back to stock froyo with a computer.

Sent from my DROIDX

I am on my comp now what do I need to do all is appreciated!

Went in and was up to date. Did a reboot because I wanted to change some stuff and was needed. Thanks Jim[/quote said:
So, .595 booted up once and then you made some changes that made you do a reboot again, right? What changes did you make after first .595 boot that you had to reboot again?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
I had it up and I wanted to reboot becasue everything looked the same. I wanted to do a wipe and when it was back on change up the look of my phone. I went back into bootstrapper and I guess that was my first mistake.

OP
M

Moroney167

Reaction score
At this point im a lot more nervous. I can't even get anything to turn on or light up...

Is this bricking the phone?

Shad0www

Reaction score
Did you try to sbf yet? What happened that made it not light up?

Sent from my DROIDX

BoJatey

Reaction score
Follow these instructions http://goo.gl/yKNB2 up till number 14 and of course minus downloading that gingerbread.zip leak.

Sent from my DROIDX

Forget the sbf file and rsd lite. Go here and download this executable file to your computer, connect your phone, make sure its in bootloader (hold camera and menu buttons while pressing power),and double-click the file. Then you'll be back at stock .340 and you can go from there.

http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/d...lone-sbf-program-plugin-doubleclick-done.html
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForeums

Last edited:
OP
M

Moroney167

Reaction score
Follow these instructions How to: Get Rooted Gingerbread on DROID X - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog up till number 14 and of course minus downloading that gingerbread.zip leak.

Sent from my DROIDX

He can't do any downloading with his phone, he's in a bootloop. Forget the sbf file and rsd lite. Go here and download this executable file to your computer, connect your phone, make sure its in bootloader (hold camera and menu buttons while pressing power),and double-click the file. Then you'll be back at stock .340 and you can go from there.

SBFportable - The Standalone SBF Program [Plugin, DoubleClick, Done!]
Sounds better.

I just can't get anything now. Power button nothing. If I plug into my laptop here the green light comes on but that is it. Nothing turns on

BoJatey

Reaction score
Follow these instructions How to: Get Rooted Gingerbread on DROID X - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog up till number 14 and of course minus downloading that gingerbread.zip leak.

Sent from my DROIDX

He can't do any downloading with his phone, he's in a bootloop. Forget the sbf file and rsd lite. Go here and download this executable file to your computer, connect your phone, make sure its in bootloader (hold camera and menu buttons while pressing power),and double-click the file. Then you'll be back at stock .340 and you can go from there.

SBFportable - The Standalone SBF Program [Plugin, DoubleClick, Done!]
Sounds better.

I just can't get anything now. Power button nothing. If I plug into my laptop here the green light comes on but that is it. Nothing turns on
Let your battery charge up and be at 100% or close to it when you run the file because your phone won't charge in bootloader mode.