Need Help Again..

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ugadawgs23, May 24, 2010.

1. ugadawgs23

ugadawgs23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so for the past two hours I have painstakingly wasted my time in trying to root my phone (Motorola Droid) and DL some Jrummy's thing. I have read all the warnings which say to x it out if you don't know what you're doing as it is only for people who know or whatever...

And Yeah i don't.
    But screw it I stubbornly want it anyways.

I have seen every freaking internet, youtube, and other thing there is which possibly tells you how to do it.

None if it works for me? I am assuming I am just doing it wrong.

If someone could write out a step-by-step guide or something, or simply just answer my Q's, that would be amazing.

Anways...

DL'ing SPRecovery SBF- ....i think I finally was able to do that one. I am a complete idiot with computers/phones/technology in general. Deal with me, please.

I think I DL'd the 32 bit USB Cord Thing (How the hell do i find out if I got it? I got to the screen where I can extract/unzip it, or whatever.)

When I attempted to DL RSDLite or whatever you spell it, an internet explorer browser opens which has nothing in it, then re-asks me what I want to do with it.

This is where I am currently somewhat stuck at, kinda.

Also, I went ahead and tried to do it after failing at DL'ing things.

When my Droid is plugged into my USB cord which is plugged into my comp., it automatically turns on itself, and there is no way for me to get to the reboot menu.

Sorry for asking stupid/obvious questions, it's late and I'm ignorant.

Thanks for anyone who even reads this post, haha. I will check back frequently.

2. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. metiCkOne

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm bored, I'll walk you through it. LOL

4. drivinfocused

drivinfocused Member

Ratings:
    +3
    same here im really bored

5. ugadawgs23

ugadawgs23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That would actually be awesome...any chance you would mind doing that later?

6. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have RSDlite installed yet or no?

Hold "up" on the dpad before you plug it in ;) once its in bootloader mode you can flash it, if the flash fails keep trying until it is successful. RSDlite should say its connected, if it doesnt make sure you have the correct drivers and if youre on vista/w7 make sure rsdlite it ran with admin priv's or just disable UAC altogether.

7. ugadawgs23

ugadawgs23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks that makes sense for the whole d pad thing.

However I don't get the whole flash thing.mind explaning what that wholE thing is? Also i know this is a stupid question but I don't know which size thing i need to get... 32 or 64. Any info on that would be great. Thanks

8. metiCkOne

Ratings:
    +0
    Flashing your phone with a sbf. is what a Verzion technician or tester would do if they want to switch between roms.What kind of computer do you have? If it's Windows, it's going to be either 32 bit or 64 bit. You can find out easily by right clicking on "my computer" from the start menu and hitting properties.

9. ugadawgs23

ugadawgs23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks. I have windows, but for some reason now, I can't find the bit thing. I'm sure its completely obvious and I'm just missing it.

10. metiCkOne

Ratings:
    +0
    You probably already have the drivers anyway. Right click on my computer and select properties. My computer is located in the start menu on the right side.

11. ugadawgs23

ugadawgs23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I've done that and have been searching through the pop-up menu it gives but it just isn't there. I looked up a step-by-step procedure to finding it, but my computer is just not telling me it, I guess.

If I already have the drivers, what do I do? And how do I tell if I have them? Haha sorry.

12. metiCkOne

Ratings:
    +0
  13. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    You can download both the 32bit and the 64bit drivers if you don't know which one you have. Once downloaded you install them by double-clicking the file you downloaded. One of the 2 driver packages you will be able to install and one of them will tell you that you are trying to install the wrong one. The one that matches your operating system, which will be a windows 32bit operating system (os) or windows 64bit OS will then be installed.

You also download RSD Lite and double click that file to install the RSD Lite program. Once that is installed you will find it under the Start menu's Program area, labeled as RSD LITE with a blue Motorola icon like the white one you see when your phone boots up.

If you can't get past the above first 2 steps, no sense moving on. You need to get those steps done first.

14. ugadawgs23

ugadawgs23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok damn. I used the write-up and it just isn't freaking their. Whatever, I'll do the thing you said. I am using a guide written by Matth3w in the Hacking Help forum... go look their if you don't understand what I'm saying.

I'm just going to keep posting here because I'm assuming I will be answered more here than over in that thing. It's not a sticky, by the way.

Anyways, in the guide it says to download some update.zip thing as the first step, and then to move it to the root on my phone.

What file is the root located in, or do I just send it to the main thing where all the other files are located in?

15. metiCkOne

Ratings:
    +0
    Forget the drivers for a minute. Did you download rsd lite and the sbf. file?