Need Gmail info please

MICHAEL C

Reaction score
due to a problem with my droid x I had verizon help me re-set phone back to factory spec. anyway my gmail will not sync and I am trying to manually enter the info, but have failed. Can anyone tell me if the info below is incorrect
incoming= imap-server.gmail.com
port 110

for out going= smtp.gmail.com port 587
my username and password are entered correctly. I posted in another forum and it seems nobody has the slightest idea. thanks in advance for any help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have any idea of what you're talking about. You enter your gmail address then your password and it syncs.

OP
M

MICHAEL C

Reaction score
your correct, however it did not sync, I get an error that sends me back to settings,since it worked before I know that I have something wrong in the settings, port ? or server info?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets start over again. First do a battery pull for a full 30 seconds. Put the battery back in, boot up and see if you have the same issue. If you do, we will try something else.

OP
M

MICHAEL C

Reaction score
ok, did that and still no email, I got a notice "connection failed". You said that it should auto sync but mine did not, so I removed the battery and re installed,then I deleted the gmail account, went to apps, hit gmail icon, put in user name and pass, and it did sync this time, now it all works, I did not think about removeing the battery, re install and then try fresh to make a new gmail account,why removing the battery for a time let it sync in beyond me. Thanks for the battery tip as that cured it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, did that and still no email, I got a notice "connection failed". You said that it should auto sync but mine did not, so I removed the battery and re installed,then I deleted the gmail account, went to apps, hit gmail icon, put in user name and pass, and it did sync this time, now it all works, I did not think about removeing the battery, re install and then try fresh to make a new gmail account,why removing the battery for a time let it sync in beyond me. Thanks for the battery tip as that cured it.

You're welcome. That's what we are here for. If you need any other assistance just ask.