Need For Speed Shift Comes to Android!!! June 4th

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
well 4th june and no game in sight. so you cant know if it has dpad support or not and if it will download additional data to sd or not. so have a bit patience and you will get all your answers :). hope it will come out today.

Diordna

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks accelerometer-controlled racing is clunky and not worth playing?

As a spoiled Game Gripper owner, I refuse to buy a racing game without keyboard support.

I like both. I love playing games like the 3D cave game, and even better the "speedx 3D" gets very intense, I love it! Not a racing game but I though it was worth mentioning :)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Need For Speed Shift was originally promised for June based on comments made by Sprint CEO Dan Hesse at last week’s HTC EVO launch event. However, I spoke with a representative from who says that the app is still in beta and there are no guarantees to have it ready for the EVO’s June 4th launch event.

On the plus side, I was able to test the game for myself and can see there is some promise but it’s not quite there yet. Need for Speed Shift is based on the accelerometer and responds well to movements. It’s actually the most forgiving that I’ve dealt with on Android, so there’s no wild turning left or right like in some other games. Breaking is done by tapping on the screen, and there are multiple viewing modes that can show your car or a first-person view.

My only complaint is that the game could use a little more speed in the early stages. The EA rep told me this is just a beta and speed increases as you stay along a path of green markers or progress in other levels of the game. I hope to see that when the app is released soon. Here’s a quick hands-on demo of the EARLY version of Need for Speed Shift for Android.

Need for Speed Shift Android racing preview [VIDEO] | andrew | Google Android Blog

Diordna

Reaction score
Need For Speed Shift was originally promised for June based on comments made by Sprint CEO Dan Hesse at last week’s HTC EVO launch event. However, I spoke with a representative from who says that the app is still in beta and there are no guarantees to have it ready for the EVO’s June 4th launch event.

On the plus side, I was able to test the game for myself and can see there is some promise but it’s not quite there yet. Need for Speed Shift is based on the accelerometer and responds well to movements. It’s actually the most forgiving that I’ve dealt with on Android, so there’s no wild turning left or right like in some other games. Breaking is done by tapping on the screen, and there are multiple viewing modes that can show your car or a first-person view.

My only complaint is that the game could use a little more speed in the early stages. The EA rep told me this is just a beta and speed increases as you stay along a path of green markers or progress in other levels of the game. I hope to see that when the app is released soon. Here’s a quick hands-on demo of the EARLY version of Need for Speed Shift for Android.

Need for Speed Shift Android racing preview [VIDEO] | andrew | Google Android Blog
Video doesn't look to bad. idk if I'm a fan of the green arrows for speed but I can deal with it

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks accelerometer-controlled racing is clunky and not worth playing?

As a spoiled Game Gripper owner, I refuse to buy a racing game without keyboard support.

To be honest with you, the digital controls offered by the keyboard (Game Gripper) are MUCH less realistic than the analog control of the accelerometer. However it's a matter of personal preference; and how long you are willing to spend to perfect steering with the accelerometer method.

If a true driving simulation appears on the Droid; however, expect the Game Gripper to work poorly. Imagine trying to play Forza 3 on the 360 with the d-pad.
Yeah I suppose it's a matter of preference. I'm a GT4 nut (probably 100+ hours of gameplay) and I'm fixated on tactile feedback. D-pad is less preferable to joystick play, but I just can't seem to get comfortable with tilt-steering. I feel it's very inaccurate, but that's only having played 15 minutes of Raging Thunder.

Tominator

Reaction score
Still no sign of the game ...looks like its delayed.....anymore word?

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ok its the 23 any sign of the game?

I've been scouring the internet alot looking for any hint about this game and it's "new" release date, all to no avail. Every story I've found says it'll be released on June 4th, blah, blah, blah... So, at this point, your guess is as good as mine.

That is, unless someone out there knows of someone who's brother's ex-girlfirend's mother-in-law's couisn who's neighbor's with someone who works at EA games happens to have heard a rumor in the break room or something? :icon_evil:

Thanks,
Josh

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
heres a video showing nfs shift on droidx

[video=youtube;ObySpKmWAh4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObySpKmWAh4]YouTube - Droid X Need for Speed: Shift OpenGL Optimized Gameplay Demo[/video]

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, he said for the next 30-60 days, it's only gonna be available on the Droid-X --- that seriously blows... :(

azazin

Reaction score
My friend sent me the demo of this game and I tried it on my Samsung Galaxy S, the graphics are amazing!! if anyone is interested in the demo pm me.