1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

need expert advice please help!!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by vm2001, Aug 19, 2010.

1. vm2001

vm2001 New Member

this post might not belong here but due to the fact that there are so many smart people here i thought i post it here, so thank you in advance for your help.

I have been using custom roms for some time now and today i got the notice from Verizon to update my phone to 2.2, I have enjoyed all the different roms but im constantly having issues and wanted to give the stock 2.2 a try. here is my question.
    If i go back to stock can i just root my phone without installing a custom rom?
    what would happen to for example to the apps that i purchased that are only made for rooted phones aka setcpu, rom manager, titanium back and so fort?
    Would i be able to install custom fonts?
    Im sorry if this questions might sound dumb but since im so attached to these benefits of custom roms i want to be 100% sure before i click the install button :) .
    Also what program or how would i root my phone after the fact?
    would i be able to install custom kernels to over clock my phone?
    Once again thank you very very very much to does that are willing to help
    cheers
    vick.
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

answers in quote
  3. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

Don't do it, check Pete's forums, there are threads for stopping the OTA update. But of course if you prefer a stock rooted ROM, you can definitely do that. I've heard that the Easy Root app for a dollar on the market can root phones running 2.2.
  4. vm2001

vm2001 New Member

thank you guys for your responses
  5. eddieonofre

eddieonofre New Member

another option is to use the stock ROms that are around I know pete got one for FRG01B and FRG22
  6. jgrubbs

jgrubbs New Member

as long as you have clockwork or sprecovery, when you accept the update it will try to install and your custom recovery will block it and you'll never see the notification again. i had to do it today and sp blocked it and i havent seen the update notification again. or you can use petes block. either way. good luck