Need email spam/blacklist app!

info4tim

Reaction score
Ok not using big bros (Google) gmail! So need app to filter spam.
Anyone know of any? I'm using K9 mail.
Thx so much
Tim

Sent via my Incredible 2 on DroidForums.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not off the top of my head. Best practice is to filter before email reaches the device.

OP
info4tim

info4tim

Reaction score
Already am to no avail! What gives with no email filtering for us non-google POP users?!?!

N while i'm on the email subject how about a email notification widget that actually works!!!! Im using MailDroid which doesnt have *any*!!!
Thx Tim

Sent via my Incredible 2 on DroidForums.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big Brothers mail? What in the world do you mean by that?

If you don't want to forward your mail to Gmail that's up to you but why did you get a Google phone if that's the case?

I've been using Gmail for many years. Their spam filter is excellent, the mail is safe. Now I know that there are other reasons people choose to use an app for their mail other then Gmail but you can't beat it for spam protection. If you searched the market and didn't find something for spam filter, you may be up the creek without a paddle.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big Brothers mail? What in the world do you mean by that?

If you don't want to forward your mail to Gmail that's up to you but why did you get a Google phone if that's the case?

I've been using Gmail for many years. Their spam filter is excellent, the mail is safe. Now I know that there are other reasons people choose to use an app for their mail other then Gmail but you can't beat it for spam protection. If you searched the market and didn't find something for spam filter, you may be up the creek without a paddle.
+1 on this. When I check my mail on my computer at home I have tons of spam. When I check it on my phone though my Gmail account I hardly ever have any.

hypnagogical

Reaction score
This is sorely needed

I think some of the responders are missing the point of a blacklist app.

I don't want to have to filter email at the point of gmail itself. This is because filtering that way would affect my desktop gmail reading experience. I like my listserv emails in my desktop reading experience, and I like those emails in the regular inbox -- I don't want to have to click anything to see them. I don't want them separate when I am on my large screen that provides me ample reading room to see them within the context of the rest of my email.

But those lists send out lots of messages. Simply put, I don't want to get alerted on my phone to each of these messages. I hate to say that Blackberry got something right, but their BIS system allowed you to setup a simple filter based on the subject or sender. They served as a middleman between gmail and your BB.

The bottom line is: I shouldn't have to resort to filters/labels/etc if I just want to stop certain senders' emails from notifying my Android device.

I just don't get this whole style of responding that takes the form of "Oh, that's not how you should do it, do it this way this way". The OP wasn't asking for your advice on their email reading habits, they were asking for a blacklisting application. Unless you can filter email at the gmail locus without it effecting the gmail reading, then any other is not what the OP wanted. I hate to sound trite in my response, but reading through message boards becomes tedious when I have to scroll through "Your desire for the feature is misplaced".

Rico ANDROID

Reaction score
I have asked the same question on xda developrs and got tons of smart-aspen resonses from a troll called eZee. Question was simple. "is there an email blacklist app that allows you to add an email address straight from the inbox on your phone?"

The Norton Antivirus beta app has the exact process I was describing. You go to "block sms and number" setting, click the "add" button, you see all the current sms messages and click on the one(s) to block. Same with contacts, scroll thru the list and select which to lock.

Would like see an app expanding this process to opening an "in box" on the phone and simply select the email(s) to be added to the block on the phone.

Thats all the question was... Just an email blocking app....