Need Email help!

clawthat

Reaction score
I am no longer able to send or receive comcast emails over cell signal. I get "SENDING FAILED" message every time. Once I got "NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER". If I turn wifi on, no issues at all.

I have gone through every setting and cannot find anything that would correct this issue. Gmail works fine...I'm having this same issue with my Razr Maxx. As it works flawlessly with wifi, its not comcast.

Anyone have any suggestions or is this a Verizon issue? I'm 35 hours with this snafu. I even went as far as to delete the account and add it back, but had to add while connected to wifi...simply could not contact server on cell signal. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Attached screen shot of error msg in notification bar. Thanks!

View attachment 60513

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Bump.. Did you resolve your issue? I'm afraid I'm of no help but maybe someone can chime in..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

OP
C

clawthat

Reaction score
No. Still same issue after 48 hours. I was able to download the Xfinity app to access my email over cell signal and it works fine. It appears to be the standard email app that comes as part of the operating system that is having the issue.

I deleted the account and when I tried to add it again, it was asking for the type of account...PoP3, Microsoft Exchange, and there was another one...none of which were mine. Mine is mail.comcast.net and STMP for outgoing. So I'm wondering if there was some sort of patch or glitch in the system that no cell no longer recognizes my type of email account.

At this point I'm clueless...I got a work-around working for me so until someone can tell me how to fix it, guess I will just deal with it.

Thanks for the assist though! :)

Uncle700

Reaction score
I use both the Xfinity app and the stock email app for my comcast emails. On the stock app the setting are:

Incoming:
POP3 Server - mail.comcast.net
Security Type - SSL
Port - 995

Outgoing:
SMTP Server - smtp.comcast.net
Security Type - SSL
Port - 465
Require Sign In - checked

Hope this might help.

OP
C

clawthat

Reaction score
Hi uncle 700. Thanks for the settings. Those are exactly what I have too. The stock email program works fine over wifi. Able to send and receive no problems. If I turn wifi off, it "cannot connect to server". What makes me think that this isn't a Samsung Note2 issue is that I have having the SAME exact issues on a Razr Maxx. Same phone plan through Verizon...2nd number on the account. It even started happening at the same time.

I downloaded a 3rd party email program...Enhanced Email from Amazon App Store and when I tried to set up the email account, same exact issues across the board...wifi versus cell signal. The xfinity app works fine no matter how I am connected to the web.

Seeing how it is happening on 2 different brands of phone at the same time (Jellybean & ICS), I have to believe that this is a Verizon issue.

Does my logic track? If so, guess I need to go see THEM huh?

Uncle700

Reaction score
We had a problem at work sending email to a comcast email. It seems that Comcast thought that someone was trying to spam them so Comcast blocked all emails coming from our location. It took our IT folks talking with them to finally getting this fixed. The sending email would just get a notice of email not sent or failure. Do not know if this sounds like your problem but since you can send on WiFi but not cell tower it does seem strange.

OP
C

clawthat

Reaction score
★★★UPDATE★★★
As has been the case in the past, the issue has addressed itself. Multiple times in the past, I would get a "Cannot Access Server" message where it wanted me to reenter my password...and every time, I would ignore the alert and when email would sync, everything would all of a sudden be back to "business as usual".

My email started working over the cell signal again all by itself, it just took 62 hours this time. Normally, the issue never lasted more that a couple of hours...hence the panic.

Everything is working as intended. So if anyone ever runs into this issue in the future, just let it run its course. Both Razr Maxx & Note2 started working at the same time.

Thanks everyone. :) A+++

jseah

Reaction score
FWIW, I was getting the same (requests me to reenter mail password) error message intermittently with my Yahoo mail. Every once in a while the screen would pop up asking me to reenter my Yahoo mail password. At one point, the message was popping up every few minutes and it lasted for a couple of days. In the past couple of months, it would occur once every week or two.