Need Droid 2 Boot Logo (M)

tb110895

Reaction score
"and inside you should see (if I rremember correctly) one random folder and a file named bootanimation.zip

If you paste the file from the droid life post in to the system/media folder it should either automatically replace the old one or say something like "a file by that name already exists. Would you like to replace it?" Replace the old file with the stock one and that should be all you have to do."

No folder named bootanimation.zip and no option to replace
It says "you cannot paste here because the file system is read only" when i try to paste it in media

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok two things

1. What does appear in that folder

And

2. Ya that's my bad, somewhere in the options there is a way to mount the system from read only to read write.

If you can't find it i'll talk to a friend that I know uses it often but I think it should be pretty easy to find.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Worth a shot. The only thing that gives me pause is that it doesn't appear there for me but if that's where it shows up that's where you want to replace it.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh don't say you'll never play around again. If this proved anything its that you're capable of editing that type of stuff and recovering to stock if you have to. Glad I was able to help you get it fixed.

tappin and a talkin

tb110895

Reaction score
Lol, I know i'll play around with it again. between rooting yesterday and this today, I'm learning a lot.
Thanks for staying up all this time to help me