1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need Dev help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Encryption, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Encryption

Encryption New Member

So I'm new to droid app programming, and haven't had any experience developing for mobile platforms at all. However, I do have experience with Java/Javascript.

That said, I've worked through a couple Droid tutorials and I'm beginning to grasp to concepts(somewhat). I was looking for someone to help me understand how to use a button widget to populate a TextView with string data.

I think the part I get hung up on is using XML vs. not using XML files. An example using each would be great. If anyone could point me in the direction of a link that would be cool too. I've been checking out tutorials but most I've found are a bit advanced for where I'm needing to start.

Thank you!