need default app icons to modify for theme

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Im in the process of creating an adw theme using the template from github and eclipse. How would I go about retrieving the default icons for the apps installed on my d2g? I'd like to modify as many app icons as I can for this theme. I downloaded a zip or 2 that had a lot of market app icons but I need more.

I made a custom background in PS CS4 and I want to modify the default icons and then place them into my background for the theme. I've attached a couple just to reference what I'm wanting to do.
View attachment 28965View attachment 28966

Thanks in advance for any info.

EDIT: ok, I've been able to find a lot by just using google images. But if anyone has any other info, feel free to post.

Last edited:
OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
ok, so I haven't tackled any of the xml files yet, other than the ones that allowed a .png file but I've been working on this theme for adw. I'm just beginning so excuse that, but I figured I would post what I had to see if anyone else liked it and/or had any suggestions. I am using adw ex and my search widget is fine, but if I switch to adw free, the icons for voice and search are the defualt png's. I have added pngs where I think they should be for these but it's not working.

My next step is to look into xml editing so I can take the theme further, or start on new ones.

I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. This works fine on my d2g using adw, running fission 2.4.3.

copy the apk to your sd card. install it from file manager, and then you can choose it in adw theme preferences.

View attachment 28986View attachment 28987View attachment 28988

mytheme11.apk

OH yeah, I downloaded a lot of icon packs way back so I don't really remember where, but I don't take credit for anything except modifying the great icons that were made available for use. Thanks to the people that created them.

Last edited: