Need bluetooth RECEIVER w/3.5mm for car aux.

67eb_in_619

Reaction score
I have been doing some searching and can find plenty of bluetooth transmitters to plug into the headphone jack of any mp3 player, but I want to go the other way..

I want to use my droid as a mp3/media player when in my car and eliminate the need to have the aux cable plugged into the droid... I want to plug the aux cable into the bluetooth receiver instead. Ideally, the bluetooth receiver would be built into a 12v adapter charger so i could just leave it charging all the time.

I read some conflicting posts about A2DP, but since this is for music, that would be best as well.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

tktouch12

Reaction score
i have actually had the same idea, eliminate the cords, is there a way?? i hope so

OP

67eb_in_619

Reaction score
me too... would have been really nice if the car cradle charged it too!

OP

67eb_in_619

Reaction score
Last edited:

skidemn

Reaction score
Bluetooth add-on with music and handsfree

I have been doing some searching and can find plenty of bluetooth transmitters to plug into the headphone jack of any mp3 player, but I want to go the other way..

I want to use my droid as a mp3/media player when in my car and eliminate the need to have the aux cable plugged into the droid... I want to plug the aux cable into the bluetooth receiver instead. Ideally, the bluetooth receiver would be built into a 12v adapter charger so i could just leave it charging all the time.

I read some conflicting posts about A2DP, but since this is for music, that would be best as well.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

We have a couple pieces of the Scosche UBRH left in stock that will do the job and add hands free to your calls. The UBRH is a Bluetooth receiver with RCA audio outputs and a microphone input for calls and does not require a physical connection to the phone. You will need either a factory auxiliary input on the radio or an aftermarket auxiliary input adapter so you can get the audio into your radio. We carry a ton of auxiliary inputs so if you need one just PM me your vehicle and I can look up some options for you.

Also, the UBRH works with a home stereo so you can plug it into the back of your stereo and then as long as you are within 33 feet (the Bluetooth spec for distance) you can have wireless connection between your phone and home stereo for streaming audio.

moz-screenshot-2.png
h142UBRH-f_mtp.jpg

PM me for pricing as I don't have it on our site right now.

srothkin

Reaction score
Is audio quality via bluetooth the same as directly connecting a cable from headphone jack to aux in jack?

skidemn

Reaction score
Is audio quality via bluetooth the same as directly connecting a cable from headphone jack to aux in jack?

It should be since it is only wireless data transmission and the data should be the same on both ends (send/receive), but I haven't personally tested the sound quality yet. I'm going to test one of these with my Droid over the weekend and I'll have an update next week.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
$20 for a bluetooth receiver for car with 3.5mm aux input

Try this one out. Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Kit. Cigarette Lighter for Power, USB to power the droid, 3.5mm jack output to a stereo, bluetooth receiver for audio A2DP and phone calls.

Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car Kit - K33428US - Buy.com

And it's only $20 with free shipping right now, too

NickWgnr

Reaction score
This eliminates the cords however you lose alot on audio quality! You lose some 75% of the quality having it broadcasted. If you have an aux port then do an aux to aux, thats the best sound you can get. For me sound quality is everything but if you'd rather have no wires and horrible sound thats up to you.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Se7enLC

Reaction score
This eliminates the cords however you lose alot on audio quality! You lose some 75% of the quality having it broadcasted. If you have an aux port then do an aux to aux, thats the best sound you can get. For me sound quality is everything but if you'd rather have no wires and horrible sound thats up to you.

hmm? Bluetooth is digital, there's no quality loss there. These aren't FM transmitters, they are receiving the bluetooth audio transmission from the Droid and converting it to a 3.5mm headphone jack, effectively. No difference in quality from just plugging directly into the 3.5mm

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Bluetooth A2DP audio is horrendous I don't think you've ever listened to it have you? Then again some people haven't really used/ heard quality sound and are use to it... But let me tell you its bad and FM is even worse.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Last edited:

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Bluetooth A2DP audio is horrendous I don't think you've ever listened to it have you? Then again some people haven't really used/ heard quality sound and are use to it... But let me tell you its bad and FM is even worse.

I use it in my car (Clarion CZ509), and it is not discernible from a CD or a directly connected device. No static, of course, since there are no cables and it never leaves digital until the receiver pumps it out to the speakers.

I think you must have used some low data-rate bluetooth audio devices. They have different profiles - some made for handsfree calling that are a low rate like 16k or 32k, but the ones intended for music are 44k or 48k, which is the same rate music is recorded at on CDs and DVDs.

EDIT: Also, don't forget that the source material is often compressed - MP3 files, streaming audio, etc, are already more compressed by that than they would need to be to stream them over bluetooth.

I wouldn't recommend connecting two wired devices together with a bluetooth transmitter/receiver because then you suffer from having to D->A twice. If the bt transmitter is built in, you don't have that problem.

Last edited:

spwn3d

Reaction score
Parrot PMK5800 vs Venturi Mini

Has anyone got any feedback on previously mentioned products? I want a cig. adapter that connected via bluetooth to my droid and transmits via radio freq chosen.

I do not want to connect any cables. Here are a couple products, I'm wondering if anyone has tried in addition to the ones above.

Parrot PMK5800 and the Venturi Mini.

any info would be appreciated from your experience with these, I've read a lot of reviews and quite a few are dis-concerning.