Need better ways to sync calendar, contacts, notes (with categories) and tasks

NotQuiteADummy

Reaction score
I use stand-alone MS Outlook 2010 on my Windows 8 (previously, Windows 7) PC. I use the functions I list above, and manage them on my DROID 4 with DejaOffice, which handles all of those functions, AND manages notes/memos within user-defined categories. I have hundreds of notes, so the categories are essential.

I sync the two platforms using CompanionLink, which many people use with great success; it does keep my notes within their categories. BUT, I keep losing records, in all functions. DejaOffice and CompanionLink tech support have labored hard and long to correct this, but it still keeps happening.

I fear I am going to have to abandon Outlook, which never lost anything before I started syncing with DejaOffice. So, I need apps that will let me maintain the same data and sync reliably between PC and DROID. I keep a LOT of data in the Contacts, not just addresses and numbers (e.g., birth dates, child/spouse names). Ditto for Calendar events (driving directions, what to bring, etc.). I don't use many tasks, and could move them into recurring events if necessary. My biggest challenge is in Notes. No app other than DejaOffice seems to use categories; many apps don't even include Notes (where do users keep all the userids and passwords, tech support info, etc.?)

So, all I'm asking is for is everything ;) I am very open to suggestions.

Many thanks.

OP
N

NotQuiteADummy

Reaction score
gsyncit sync

I use outlook and my D4 for work. I have gsyncit Fieldston Software - gSyncit - Sync Outlook and Google Calendars, Contacts, Notes and Tasks and it works well syncing the calendar and contacts. Claims it does notes but I haven't tested that.

Thanks,

I have used gsyncit, but it has only one-dimensional Notes. There are no Categories, all notes are presented together. Plus, it takes a VERY long time to sync.

I am trying out MobiSynapse right now, but I am having no success with syncing the contacts, as well as syncing with WiFi. And right now, I can't get it to sync at all. Stay tuned on that one.

Next up: Android-Sync.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Take a look at vcorganizer, I don't use it exactly as you need it to, but I think it has the functionality you are looking for.

OP
N

NotQuiteADummy

Reaction score
Thanks,

It looks like it may work. I'll check it out.

Hmm. It needs an app called Sync Center, which appears to work with a router. Does vcorganizer work without Sync Center? Does Sync Center work for a stand-alone Outlook?

OP
N

NotQuiteADummy

Reaction score
I have had pretty good results with Android-Sync. I will continue to check out your suggestions, and many thanks for your help.