Need App to Wakeup Screen

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Is there any app that will wake up the screen by tapping it? I know it would kind of use power waiting for the "tap". It would be useful, instead of hitting the home button. Alternatively, could there be an app for a voice command, like, "wake up". I seem to remember that my Dragon Voice recognition program had a wake up command.

Humpa

Reaction score
Is there any app that will wake up the screen by tapping it? I know it would kind of use power waiting for the "tap". It would be useful, instead of hitting the home button. Alternatively, could there be an app for a voice command, like, "wake up". I seem to remember that my Dragon Voice recognition program had a wake up command.
It was only a week ago that we were psyched that all we had to do was hit the Home key to wake. And the fact that we can turn off the screen lock without needing a third party widget. ;)

I do not think there is an app that will wake up with a screen tap. There are probably only 2 or 3 people that would ever use that - only someone that does not take the phone out of the house or office. Though there are apps that will wake the phone up with volume presses, and I thought I read one that would wake up with a soft key press of Home (but we already have that with the physical button).

aframe99

Reaction score
I guess I would be one of two! Although, the best would be if you could have this function, but have it disabled if you hit the power/lock button. Meaning if you tap the screen it would wake up....but, if you hit the lock it wouldn't? If that makes sense. I would pay for that because this home/lock button thing has been a pain (although I'm coming from a much different phone and maybe I just need to adjust)

mrobichau

Reaction score
Hi Jimbo1mcm,

I think there would be 2 or 3 Million people that would use a double tap to wake up the home screen. I agree with aframe99. Its a two handed motion to wake up the home screen and awkward with one hand. I am glad that you mentioned the volume app for waking up the home screen though because its much easier with one hand to press a volume button

wildroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia, Motorola Droid
Wake Up Screen - Android App

Hi - there is an app that wakes up screen without power buttons simply by a little shake - you can adjust shake sensitivity - at Google Play Store - Wake Up Screen - you can Google Search wildroid apps too.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Tapping the screen or shaking the device, and that's better than touching the power button? Oh Kay I guess.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx