Need app to lock down other apps, must be pw protected itself

Cardinal

Reaction score
I installed Smart Applock (free) on my Droid 3, but I've discovered that it can be quit in the Task Manager. The Play Store page for the paid version doesn't mention if it's protected itself. Is there a suggestion of an app that password protects other apps' use and also is protected against being just dumped, rendering it basically useless?

Thanks.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I use Smart App Protector by Sputnik...I have the paid version and there is not a setting to avoid the task manager but can you remove it from your task manager so that it is not affected?

OP
C

Cardinal

Reaction score
In Task Manager, long-press gives me: End Application, Add to Auto-end List, and Uninstall. Can you tell me how to remove an app from TM?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Does it give you an option to uncheck in your list of apps...I do not use a Task Manager (stock or 3rd party) so I am not sure.

I will post up a screenshot of some info from the smart app protector app I am using...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Screenshot...

a6fa6d0e-3d95-a850.jpg

~too powerful to fall into the wrong hands~

OP
C

Cardinal

Reaction score
I see that your picture has a note about the app restarting when it is force-closed, using the Helper program. That reminds me that this one had a Helper, too. I'll try to find that and see if it works like yours does. I can try Smart App Protector, too. The settings for TM didn't have anything relating to not including an app, and anyway, that would need to be protected, too.

Rachael Alice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lenovo vibe k6
I use AppLocak app which locked everything that you want to protect from other in smartphone

jesy grace

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G3
applock 360 is which i use now, it is best for locking apps with password and it will not be displayed in task manager too, so enjoy your privacy with applock 360.