Need advice on broken HTC thunderbolt screen.

drauka

Reaction score
Hey guys. A couple weeks ago I somehow managed to completely crack my HTC thunderbolts screen (whole bottom left side, with the cracks going across all the way to the top right) and I was wondering how I should go about fixing it.
I obviously don't have insurance on it or I would have sent it back already for a replacement, but I did hear there is a way to replace it yourself by buying another screen online, and I wanted your guys advice on who (by "who" i mean a reputable website that is known to be trustworthy) I should buy one from and how to do it?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Ok let's try this again. Perhaps someone is selling a used Thunderbolt on one of the personals web sites (not sure if I am allowed to mention any on the forum) for a reasonable price. You never know what other damage could have been done besides a broken screen.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I don't see how the second comment relates to the first, but run a search for broken or cracked screens, they is already a thread in here somewhere on how to fix T-Bolt screens, and even a youtube video out there somewhere

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;zdPiT82gWKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdPiT82gWKw]YouTube - HTC Thunderbolt Screen Replacement Take Apart Guide[/video]

Reaction score
I was always told by Verizon you could sign up any time. I have used insurance once in twelve years but I will always pay for it. Nice piece of mind.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Since you are replacing the screen on your own I am not sure you would have to disclose that to VZW when purchasing the insurance. I am not sure what questions they will ask during the purchase process. However, if you were ever to put a claim in they maybe able to tell (if there is some serial number thing) but unless specifically asked I am not sure that you have to share that info.