Need a Switcher that will allow Motorolas Home as def on boot!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nordis, Jan 21, 2011.

1. nordis

nordis New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have a bunch of launchers on my phones, and I like to play around with them, especially to get ideas for developing a new launcher.

However I like to use the Standard Motorola Home screen/desktop as my default.

Not one launcher that I have found lists the standard Motorola Home screen at boot, when you first power on the Droid X.

You can go into some of them, and it tells you that you can set it as default, but this NEVER!!! actually happens. When you power on the phone the only choices are any additional launcher, never the default home screen that comes with the droid. So you have to load one of these other launchers, and then switch. This leaves the other launcher sucking up resources in the background every time.

So does anyone out there know how or what will actually give me the option of having multiple launchers, but still allow me to set my Motorola Home screen as my default when I first power on my Droid X?
    :blackdroid:

Thank you in advance,

Nordis,

2. dankarlinski

dankarlinski Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    If you back out when it asks you to switch, it'll go to the moto one

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.0)

3. nordis

nordis New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried that it doesn't do anything.
    You can hit the back button all day long.

4. nordis

nordis New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Figured it out! Kind of funny actually!

Dan,

Thanks for the reply, you had mentioned this to me before, and at that time I hit all the buttons on my phone, with out any success.

Well while powering my DroidX off and on a bunch of times I tilted the phone, then menu changed, and the Motorola Home screen listed in my boot menu.

Different, I thought it was pretty cool though, been banging my head off the wall for near a month now.

Turn the screen, and then back, and Motorola is on the boot menu.

Thanks for response, it got me to start messing around with the phone a little more which allowed me to figure this out. :blackdroid: