Need a rom that works 100%

splatterz

Reaction score
Morning all,
I am looking for a ROM that has HDMI, Alarm Clock, 3g, Bluetooth, GPS, Contacts etc ... alllll working. I keep looking at all these roms and there all broken in one way or another. There has to be a nice stable ROM that just works and has all the tweaks that makes these ROM's great. Could someone please point me in the right direction. It would also be great if the ROM play FLAC audio. Thanks!:D

I have gone through hundreds and hundreds of threads here and I just can't seem to fine one. anyone ...?

Last edited:
OP
S

splatterz

Reaction score
over 100 views and no responses... This does not look promising.

:frown:

jerry42570

Reaction score
Have you looked into Vortex? The only feature you mentioned above that I cannot verify is HDMI.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bpatterson007

Reaction score
Vortex, end of discussion. Works 100%, been on it for 2 months.

flip8882

Reaction score
Liberty v1.0 gold

works very good stable, cant verify the hdmi either.

OP
S

splatterz

Reaction score
Thank you all, I will look into Vortex. it still amazes me with all these ROM 95% are Broken and people expect Donations. If Vortex "works" I will definitly dontate. I am QA for Information technology and 95% of these ROMS would fail. It's amazing how many people load these Broken roms to only loose "Some type" of functionality. I can't see myself flahing to all these broken ROMS. I shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall parts and pieces from multiple ROMS to ge things to work. C'mon all, step up your game and make these things "work". It's not too much to ask for the ROM you build to not loose "any" functionality (Unless of course it was ment to be lost (like Blur)).

OK Rant over. but who here could possibly disagree that if you create a ROM to actually do it right?

Anyway Thank you all I will look further into Vortex!

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'd throw my vote to either liberty 3 v1 out apex 2.0 rc4

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

leftspin

Reaction score
Thank you all, I will look into Vortex. it still amazes me with all these ROM 95% are Broken and people expect Donations. If Vortex "works" I will definitly dontate. I am QA for Information technology and 95% of these ROMS would fail. It's amazing how many people load these Broken roms to only loose "Some type" of functionality. I can't see myself flahing to all these broken ROMS. I shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall parts and pieces from multiple ROMS to ge things to work. C'mon all, step up your game and make these things "work". It's not too much to ask for the ROM you build to not loose "any" functionality (Unless of course it was ment to be lost (like Blur)).

OK Rant over. but who here could possibly disagree that if you create a ROM to actually do it right?

Anyway Thank you all I will look further into Vortex!

If you could do it so much better then why don't you? Developing something like a ROM is an ongoing process. A lot of the ROMs you download and install are beta versions or release candidates, not even official releases. The same way the official Android versions released by Google have bugs that get fixed in updates, so will custom ROMs.

OP
S

splatterz

Reaction score
the bugs found in Android that are fixed by google are bugs with the applications. The bugs in the roms are the "certified" applications being broken by a tweak or just forgotten. The applictaions that devs are using in the ROMS have "certified" applications that work. There is a big difference from devoluping an application and having a bug and "configuring" an application that is certified in an incorrect way that makes it not work. Please don't misunderstand me. I appreciate (VERY MUCH) that the dev's work as hard as they do on the ROMS but at least test to make sure your ROMS are working. Without people like the devs's and I we would not push applications and technology to be better, so modifing and creating applications, hardware and software a like is a must, but there is a HUGE differnce in a Quality application and one that is riddled with bugs and loose functionality.

csk415

Reaction score
VorteX is my vote. deVorteX is a very active dev. His rc1 is very stable.

mapatton

Reaction score
the bugs found in Android that are fixed by google are bugs with the applications. The bugs in the roms are the "certified" applications being broken by a tweak or just forgotten. The applictaions that devs are using in the ROMS have "certified" applications that work. There is a big difference from devoluping an application and having a bug and "configuring" an application that is certified in an incorrect way that makes it not work. Please don't misunderstand me. I appreciate (VERY MUCH) that the dev's work as hard as they do on the ROMS but at least test to make sure your ROMS are working. Without people like the devs's and I we would not push applications and technology to be better, so modifing and creating applications, hardware and software a like is a must, but there is a HUGE differnce in a Quality application and one that is riddled with bugs and loose functionality.

You need to research why some ROMs have different functionality than others.

ROMs that are in beta and release candidate stages may be a stable running ROM but yes there will be bugs, that is why they are still beta or RC. ROMs that "loose functionality" (I will use HDMI functionality fas an example) like 2nd-init ROMs (CM7, SSX, Liquid, MIUI) they do not have HDMI functionality because they are rebuilt completely from source up. They do not contain any aspects of the Moto/VZW Blur framework because they are true AOSP ROMs built for speed and customization. The HDMI functionality is a component that Moto/VZW added on top of the Android Platform. The Devs did not intentionally leave this functionality out, they simply do not have the source code to rebuild it in true AOSP form.

Don't get me wrong I am not trying to prove you wrong or start a fight, but more or less try to understand why some ROMs have different functionality than others.