Need a reliable ROM

technocowboy

Reaction score
I had my TBolt rooted by Halfcab123 and I am running bamf Forever currently 1.11 Is there a more stable ROM than bamf? I like bamf (overclocking, screen shot etc) but It's SOOOO sluggish, at times, I'm constantly having radio connectivity issues (no data to 4G to 1X to 4G to no data to 3G to no data to 1X all in a few minutes) and the battery life ABSOLUTELY sucks and I even have an extended battery. It will go from 18% to shut down in 2-3 minutes sometimes and other times can last 10 min or longer. I'm constantly doing a battery pull several times a day to reset the sluggishness.

What ROM do you suggest trying and, if I may I ask, why and how does it compare to bamf Forever 1.11 Also does the recovery determine which ROM can be used? I'm not sure if I have Clockwork or Revolutionary but I think It's Clockwork.

Thanks in advance for the help and info.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

geoff5093

Reaction score
I've had no problems running BAMF Forever 1.10, it's been the best ROM I've ever used in terms of performance, reliability, and battery life. Have done multiple wipes to make sure it wasn't a bad install? I can get at least 2 days with the extended battery and moderate use.

Try using the imoseyn kernel, it's what I've been using overclocked to 1.4 and undervolted.

OP
T

technocowboy

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the advice! What do you mean multiple wipes? Do you think that would also fix my htc.mail force close? I can't use my phonebook, calendar or Google search box. This phone is just all whacked up. I'll wait till I understand your multiple wipes before I install 1.10 and the kernel. I think I know the multiple wipes meaning delete all data but I wanna make sure before I own a Thunderbrick! Thanks again for your help!

geoff5093

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the advice! What do you mean multiple wipes? Do you think that would also fix my htc.mail force close? I can't use my phonebook, calendar or Google search box. This phone is just all whacked up. I'll wait till I understand your multiple wipes before I install 1.10 and the kernel. I think I know the multiple wipes meaning delete all data but I wanna make sure before I own a Thunderbrick! Thanks again for your help!

I don't have any of those issues, so wiping it may fix it. Do you install the ROM using Clockwork Mod? If so, there is an option there to go into mounts and wipe system, data, cache, etc. Then install the ROM. Most issues are if you install the ROM without first wiping all your data.