Need a new phone model suggestion

TraceDroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr Maxx
Been using the same model phones for several years, Droid Razr Maxx. Get them brand new in the box for $50 on eBay when I need a new one. I use Page Plus paygo (Verizon), never go over 1gb data per month.

I use it as a phone, a tool. Not a toy. I Google if I NEED to. No games.

The Razr Maxx is getting hard to find and the Otter Box almost impossible.

My question is this: I want to jump ahead a few years but still be able to find the phone for reasonable money, say under $150 on eBay. Want to stay with Motorola. There are SOO many. For ease of use and so I don't have to completely re-learn a new phone, what is the newer model I should look for?

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Have you looked into the Motorola Turbo?.... We had several members who used it for some time...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums, TraceDroid! I agree with both droidprincess & PereDroid. Check out the Moto Turbo. My son has had the Turbo 2 for almost two years with no problems.

And definitely check out swappa. Phones are priced as competitive as eBay but with protections (swappa will not allow listings of phones that are blacklisted, you are able to ask the seller questions and even can negotiate the price). It is a much safer place to buy a phone.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
T

TraceDroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr Maxx
OK thank you for the solid advice. I'm seeing two versions of the turbo. Is there a valuable difference in either?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum. There was an original Droid Turbo and then a Droid Turbo 2. And I think there was a Moto Turbo that is an International version, so if you are using it on Verizon stick with the US version with Droid Turbo in the name.

The Turbo 2 is the newer of the two devices and was the first phone with a shatter proof screen system know as Shattershield. They are both great phones, the Turbo 2 would be a larger learning curve since it is so many versions newer than the RAZR Maxx and will probably be more expensive than the Droid Turbo.

And another positive recommendation for Swappa from me. I have bought and sold there a fee times and like it much better than E Bay when it comes to phones.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I would recommend the Turbo 2. It has a micro SD slot where the Turbo does not, has a bit larger screen, can be updated to the current 7.0 nougat OS, and better CPU & processor.

(I've been ninja-ed by Sajo, lol! What Sajo said ️)

OP
T

TraceDroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr Maxx
I'm trying to register but the confirmation email isn't ... coming...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry Tis, didn't mean to ninja-post you. . Good luck TraceDroid, both are excellent phones that should work well for you. I have owned both and really liked each of them.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Sorry Tis, didn't mean to ninja-post you. . Good luck TraceDroid, both are excellent phones that should work well for you. I have owned both and really liked each of them.

No problem! Your info, as always, was very valuable. While you were posting on what you knew first hand, I was googling turbo specs.

OP
T

TraceDroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr Maxx
Can a "Verizon locked" phone be used on Page Plus? They are a Verizon reseller. Seems to me the same

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I just love my Turbo, XT1254, I have bought 3 of them. The first got plagued with low volume after an update. The second one I dropped un-boxing, first and only broken, okay shattered, screen. Still have my third. The trend of bigger and bigger screens just became too much for my pocket to bear.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Can a "Verizon locked" phone be used on Page Plus? They are a Verizon reseller. Seems to me the same
I would think so, but not 100% sure.