1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need a micro usd extension cord

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by jsh1120, Apr 1, 2010.

1. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

I can't understand why I'm having such a difficult time finding a cable with a female micro usb plug on one end and a male micro usb on the other.

The problem is my MotoRokr 505. For some reason known only to Saab, the cigarette lighter in the dash will not recharge a device. However, the cigarette lighter between the seats facing the back seat does. So, in order to connect the MotoRokr to a charging source, I need an extension cable.

I've checked on the internet and even swallowed my pride and gone to Best Buy and Radio Shack. No one has ever heard of such a thing. Am I the only person in the world who needs such a thing or is there some technical reason that such an animal doesn't exist?

Duh...Just noticed the title. Of course, I know I mean "usb" not "usd." Hate it when I do that.
  2. Gandyj

Gandyj New Member

I ordered these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=360245501231&view=all&tid=184827540023 a few days ago and they arrived today. I have several mini usb chargers for my car and home. Thought it didn't make sense to buy new micro usb chargers for the Droid. I have one of them connected to my laptop right now charging the Droid.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  3. Moondonkey

Moondonkey New Member

Go check out monoprice.com, they may or may not have your extension, but you can for sure get a longer replacement cable for a buck or two. I got my wife and I a pair of 10ft usb chords and a cigarette lighter adapter for <$5.
  4. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Monoprice was one of the first places I checked. No such animal. Again, I'm mystified as to why such it doesn't seem to exist.
  5. Moondonkey

Moondonkey New Member

Why can't you just get a new longer cable and forget about the extension?
Search tags for this page
extension charging cable for droid phone
extension cord for verizon android
galaxy s3 micro usb male / female extension cord
get an extension to a micro usb phone charger
micro usb extender radio shack
micro usb extension cable -usb 2.0

micro usb extension cable droid

micro usb extension cable radio shack
micro usb extension plug
micro usb extension radio shack
microusb extension cable