1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need a MetaMorph Users Help Please

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Vulcan1600, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I installed the Smoked Glass v. 5.0.1 ROM last night. Works great. However I might have messed up my Google News/Weather widget. It was working for me just fine, then I decided to use MetaMorph and install something called "Transparent" to make it a transparent widget like I used on DM1.0 - the first time my phone rebooted, it keeps FC and says "The application News and Weather (process com.google. android.apps.genie.geniewidget) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

So, is it the Transparent from MetaMorph? If so, please tell this old fart what to do to remove from MetaMorph - I have no idea. I thought maybe just go into the MetaMorph folder and remove the program using USB?

If it's not the Transparent program from MetaMorph - can someone give me an idea how to get this to work again? Nothing has worked so far.
  2. mjones1052

mjones1052 New Member

Not familiar with the Transparent thing, where did you get it from?
  3. Droidster163

Droidster163 New Member

I think you can reflash your rom and it should get rid of the metamorpoh theme then. Then you will know if it was the theme or not.
  4. truckrod

truckrod New Member

i have used mm alot n it does have prob with diffrent roms some will work n some willnot i havent yet figured out what it is esxactly but i am working on it as i flip flop back n forth with diffrent roms n themes alot... trying to find what the conflict is between the mm n roms
  5. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

WuYanks helped me this morning. I ended up reflashing the ROM and back to the default news/weather widget with no problems. I sure wish the News Widget was by default transparent. Now I'm sort of afraid to even try to reinstall the transparent one.

I'm just going to enjoy AdamZ's new ROM and put up with the news widget as is....for now.
Search tags for this page
android genie apps widget cache

com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget.news-content-cache

geniewidget.news-content-cache