need a little help.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by brmpnny, Sep 4, 2010.

1. brmpnny

brmpnny New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so a few weeks ago i was away for a hockey tourney and a kid on my team was really good with computers and had a droid and basicly helped me root my 2.2 motorola droid with froyo. now that i'm home and some other stuff, i can't really get him to help me anymore, so heres where i'm at. i'm using the paid rom mannager and running froyo kangerade v5.0.9 under the lithium mods. right now it's basicly just looks like the 2.2 software with 2 extra pages, and i'm looking for the mod that cube rotates and has weather and clock apps. so i just need a little help, i just baught a new computer and im trying to be better with this whole programing thing, so if anyone could help me out with some roms to download and how to download roms and put them on my phone off the downloads through my computer. thanks.

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm not clear on the cube rotation. Do you mean when you open your app drawer? If so, look at Cyanogen.

Most of the roms have clocks and weather/news widget. Have you considered purchasing Beautiful Widgets? It has an animated weather feature and you can "skin" change the clock and background. It is a paid app in the market.

Mike

3. brmpnny

brmpnny New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    a lot of the rom's i've seen the animation for the screen change is a cube that flips, it's not something im dying to have, it's just that i'd like to know how to access that. what rom do you use? what benefits do you get out of it? and thanks for helping.

4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
  5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    I assume the cubed screen transitions you are referring to would be something like this?

There could be others too that I may be unaware of. Maybe there is a free home replacement that does this that some ROM dev was releasing with his ROM. Not too sure. I personally haven't seen a lot of ROMs with a cubed thing going on, actually I have never seen one. The cubed music player was popular for a while, that is about the only cubed thing I can think of right now that ROMs may be releasing. I am not on top of every ROM release though.

Everything can be covered with apps. Weather, clocks, there are tons of different ones in the market. Weather + clock : Beautiful Widgets - Android app on AppBrain and Weather & Toggle Widget - Android app on AppBrain are probably the two most popular. Both can be themed to change the looks. There are a lot of separate apps that cover just weather or just the clock as well.

I assume this is what you are looking for at least. If not, maybe find a link to what you are talking about, I am sure someone will know the app/mod/hack that is used to get to what is done.