Need a little help....

zimsport

Reaction score
So Im on Build number sch-I500.EB01 with kernel version 2.6.32.9
Im not real sure but dont I want to have EC01 or even ED01? Have terrible gps. What am I missing. Been running superclean for a while but wondering if I forgot to do something or ????

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
ODIN CWM3.

ODIN EC01 Radio/modem

Flash com rom 1.3 or evil fascination 3.6

If you flash com rom 1.3 and get stuck on samsung screen. Pull battery boot to CWM and flash a different touchwiz kernel. The new pbj/imnuts kernels work great.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

OP
Z

zimsport

Reaction score
So IM a total Newby here. I rooted my phone with the easy instructions with superclean. Been using phone ever since with that. What are you telling me to do now? Am I totally redoing phone again? Or just bits and pieces? I really appreciate the help.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So IM a total Newby here. I rooted my phone with the easy instructions with superclean. Been using phone ever since with that. What are you telling me to do now? Am I totally redoing phone again? Or just bits and pieces? I really appreciate the help.

I think a fresh build would do you some good. I've used all of the things hecanbreathe suggested for you with great results. Here is a guide on how to use Odin, and here are threads for Community ROM and Evil Fascination. Here is a guide on how to flash them. Here is where you can get the EC01 radio, and here is where you can get the CWMR 3 .tar file to flash with Odin. Here also is the PB & J kernel from imnuts. It flashes a yellow recovery which I've seen nothing but trouble from. I'd recommend doing the Odin flash of the recovery I linked above again after flashing the kernel.

So this is what I would do:

Odin EC01 radio.
Odin CWMR 3
Flash Community ROM or Evil Fascination
Flash PB & J kernel (same as flashing ROM but with no wipes)
Odin CWMR 3 again
Reboot phone

Last edited:

hecantbreathe

Reaction score

I think a fresh build would do you some good. I've used all of the things hecanbreathe suggested for you with great results. Here is a guide on how to use Odin, and here are threads for Community ROM and Evil Fascination. Here is a guide on how to flash them. Here is where you can get the EC01 radio, and here is where you can get the CWMR 3 .tar file to flash with Odin. Here also is the PB & J kernel from imnuts. It flashes a yellow recovery which I've seen nothing but trouble from. I'd recommend doing the Odin flash of the recovery I linked above again after flashing the kernel.

Odin EC01 radio.
Odin CWMR 3
Odin CWMR 3 again
Reboot phone

The yellow recovery 3.2.x is fixed and fully working.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Odin EC01 radio.
Odin CWMR 3
Odin CWMR 3 again
Reboot phone

The yellow recovery 3.2.x is fixed and fully working.

You've tried every feature with it? Another RS member couldn't get it to wipe data earlier tonight. Had to battery pull out of it after waiting 10 minutes. More than once.

OP
Z

zimsport

Reaction score
Could I bribe anyone into giving me a step by step deal here? Im getting confused as to what I need to do and in what order. Im reading how to install the ec01 radio, but it claims it comes with a Rom.... And what exactly is the Odin CWMR 3?

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Could I bribe anyone into giving me a step by step deal here? Im getting confused as to what I need to do and in what order. Im reading how to install the ec01 radio, but it claims it comes with a Rom.... And what exactly is the Odin CWMR 3?

There are step by step instructions in my post above. In the EC01 thread I linked there is a download for the EC01 radio. That does not come with a ROM. Download that file, it is a .tar file, and use the guide on how to use Odin that I linked to flash it. Then evaluate the two ROMs I linked, decide which you want. Download the zip file and use the step by step instructions I posted to flash it.

OP
Z

zimsport

Reaction score
is Odin CWMR 3? just the latest version of Odin that I need to do this all in?

OP
Z

zimsport

Reaction score
I followed the step by step instructions from this site. Took about 20 minutes and went really smooth. I used Odin and had the .zip file on sd card. Im in the orange recovery mode right now, and backed up. Just not real sure what order to do things.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I followed the step by step instructions from this site. Took about 20 minutes and went really smooth. I used Odin and had the .zip file on sd card. Im in the orange recovery mode right now, and backed up. Just not real sure what order to do things.

How did you get orange recovery?

OP
Z

zimsport

Reaction score
I held the two volume keys and powered on. It went to blue recovery screen so I applied the update.zip and it went to orange. I then did a backup. Is this correct so far?
I have now downloaded the radio file and the community rom. Do I put those on my sd card now and then open Odin on my computer?

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I held the two volume keys and powered on. It went to blue recovery screen so I applied the update.zip and it went to orange. I then did a backup. Is this correct so far?
I have now downloaded the radio file and the community rom. Do I put those on my sd card now and then open Odin on my computer?

Download the ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0 .tar file from here(all 3 .tar files are the same, just different colors). Leave it and the radio .tar file on your computer and put the CommROM file on your sdcard. You also want to download the PB & J kernel and put that file on your sdcard too. Follow these instructions to flash the radio and ClockworkMod Recovery .tar files via Odin. Then follow these instructions to flash CommROM. As soon as you get done with CommROM, flash the kernel in the same manner, but without any wipes. Then power the phone down and flash the ClockworkMod Recovery .tar in Odin again. Then you're done.