Need a little help with settings

dwallin

Reaction score
Try turning off the phone, then remove the battery for a few moments then reinstall the battery. It worked for me for the blank screen deal.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
G

Gojo03

Reaction score
I tried that earlier,lol! The problem with the blank screen was the screen protector. That one is fixed now, just took a little trimming!
Try turning off the phone, then remove the battery for a few moments then reinstall the battery. It worked for me for the blank screen deal.

OP
G

Gojo03

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on the other notification?

OP
G

Gojo03

Reaction score
This is it, how do I get rid of this???
screenshot.jpg

boatbod

Reaction score
The symbol with the small phone and "jiggle" to its left side means the phone has sound turned off. Use the right hand slider from the lock screen to turn it back on.

The unread message notification means you have an SMS message. Tap on the "New Message" portion to open the messaging app and read the message. If you hit the "clear" button in the notification bar it should make the notification go away without reading the message.

OP
G

Gojo03

Reaction score
I know about the symbol for the vibration setting. The question was for the unread message portion.

When I tap that section it just closes the notification screen. That's it, it doesn't open any messages or go to the inbox. It just shuts the notification screen and goes back to whatever was up before you pull it down. The only easy to remove it is to tap clear, but it comes back with the next text. There is another notification that works that is black. It goes to the message, it is not pictured..

I wasn't to turn off the one in the picture.
The symbol with the small phone and "jiggle" to its left side means the phone has sound turned off. Use the right hand slider from the lock screen to turn it back on.

The unread message notification means you have an SMS message. Tap on the "New Message" portion to open the messaging app and read the message. If you hit the "clear" button in the notification bar it should make the notification go away without reading the message.

OP
G

Gojo03

Reaction score
Anyone else have any ideas?

OP
G

Gojo03

Reaction score
I don't have any voice mail. If I don't clear it, it counts the text messages so I know it is somehow linked to the texts.
Have you tried checking for voice messages?

OP
G

Gojo03

Reaction score
Well, I just did a factory reset and out looks like that fixed it. Thanks for the help!