Need a little help with rom manager..

cannovmj

Reaction score
ok so i need a little bit of help, i rooted my D2 yesterday which was successful because i have run rooted specific apps such as wireless tethering. so now im moving onto looking to install a new rom and possibly overclock it. so last night i installed rom manager and followed some general instructions, first doing a "flash clockworkmod recovery" then from there i did the next step "backup current rom" so from what ive read i was supposed to restart into rom managers "backup recovery menu" and there are more steps from there, but i have yet to be able to get to this menu so i need help on ways to get there, or trying to figure out what i did wrong

the root i used was called "doroot"
i am fairly tech savvy, just have some setbacks

thanks in advance for any help

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On the Droid 2 you shouldn't really bother with Rom manager. What you need to get is the Droid 2 bootstrapper from the marketplace. It will give you access to clockwork mod recovery which is where you make backups and flash roms.

tappin and a talkin

OP
C

cannovmj

Reaction score
ok, ill try that, uninstall rom manager then?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No you don't necessarily have to uninstall it. You can still use it to make and restore backups so long as you have purchased and used bootstrap at least once, I just think it behooves you to learn how to do all that stuff in recovery.

tappin and a talkin

louy99

Reaction score
I find that one of the best uses for rom manager is to rename the backup I created with bootstrapper. When you create a backup, its just a bunch of numbers. I found it hard to remember what was what. If you rename them, don't use spaces or the phone won't recognize it if you want to restore.

Liberated Droid2 Yo!!

louy99

Reaction score
Its also important to save a copy of your stock rooted backup on your pc. You never know if your. Sd card will crap out on you and you lose the ability to go back

Liberated Droid2 Yo!!

Reaction score
I find that one of the best uses for rom manager is to rename the backup I created with bootstrapper. When you create a backup, its just a bunch of numbers. I found it hard to remember what was what. If you rename them, don't use spaces or the phone won't recognize it if you want to restore.

Liberated Droid2 Yo!!

Those "random numbers" are the exact date and time you performed your backup. It's actually pretty logical. Also, you can just find the backups on your SD card and rename them from your computer, no need to use ROM manager for that.