Need a little assistance for R2D2

Barchetta

Reaction score
The goal: gingerbread

I have a stock r2d2, unrooted. I have rsdlite 4.9, 2.3.2 sbf file and latest drivers. If I follow the instructions to sbf to 2.3.2, to then get gb, will I:
1. Lose apps? Pics? Etc?
2. Brick my phone?
Or, should I root to be able to use something like titanium to back up, them sbf back to then get gb?

I have no pressing need to root (that I know of), no need for tethering, overclocking, etc. this is my first smart phone, so I am a little new, but not new to hacking, modding, electronics in general. If rooting is my best approach, then consider my setup and link me to the best detailed instructions. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID R2D2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey brother!! Your in luck! Go download Z4root...you will want to back up your files / apps...did you not get the update? The only difference between yours and mine, is the starwars theme, media, etc....

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

Monshroud

Reaction score
The goal: gingerbread

I have a stock r2d2, unrooted. I have rsdlite 4.9, 2.3.2 sbf file and latest drivers. If I follow the instructions to sbf to 2.3.2, to then get gb, will I:
1. Lose apps? Pics? Etc?
2. Brick my phone?
Or, should I root to be able to use something like titanium to back up, them sbf back to then get gb?

I have no pressing need to root (that I know of), no need for tethering, overclocking, etc. this is my first smart phone, so I am a little new, but not new to hacking, modding, electronics in general. If rooting is my best approach, then consider my setup and link me to the best detailed instructions. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID R2D2 using DroidForums

I too am an owner for the R2D2 Droid, and I seriously want Gingerbread. My offical answer if you have no real desire to root your phone is patience. According to a Motorola Forum Manager on their forums, Gingerbread is coming out for the R2D2 Droid 2.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/458888

I assume they need to verify that all the Star Wars specific add-ins are packaged and verified. Also on Phandroid there is an article about Motorola having a project in the works for the R2D2 Droid 2.

Gingerbread Update in the Works for the Motorola Droid R2-D2?

I am just going to wait. It is not that I am scared to root my phone, it just that Murphy's Law seems to apply to me more than others.

OP
Barchetta

Barchetta

Reaction score
I have renewed hope! I'll wait for the r2d2 update, and root at a later time. I have a hard time being patient:) thanks!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums